or Connect

Posts by elluin

I'd like to hear if there are suggestions for a baby mirror, dd would love one in her playroom!
My daughter had "normal" iron levels at her check, so maybe this will help. She has not had any traditional iron-fortified foods or meats and is mostly breastfed at almost 11 months. She only eats about a teaspoon to tablespoon of solids 2-3 times a day, but they are iron rich foods, I think her main sources are: • steamed spinach (sometimes I mix it with grains or diced fruits) • blackstrap molasses (I mix it with a grain like millet or rice), this is very rich in iron •...
I think No Cry Sleep Solution might help you achieve what the previous posters are recommending - consolidated nursing, reduced nipple-sleep association and more sleep. We used it to improve our sleep situation without nightweaning. Good luck!
We won't be giving cow's milk because I find it strange to feed a human child alternative milks if human breastmilk is available. I hope to meet all my daughter's milk needs as a baby and young child. Beyond that I'm guessing she might have it occasionally because DH loves all foods and wants her to experience them, but not as a regular part of her diet.
What if you create this space for the whole family to use and when your daughter is upset you can hold her there? Right now it sounds like she needs your help to calm down, but incorporating a positive space might give her some options for dealing with stress on her own in the future. It also might help you both to step away from the situation to your family's calm place.
I'm in a similar situation with my dd, who is almost 11 months. I will be going back to work 2-3 hours a day. I would also rather not pump, but I'm going to start with pumping to leave her enough for at least a snack size nursing (so far she has only taken an ounce from a straw cup, and refuses other cups / bottles). I don't want to not give her the option of having my milk when she's without me for the first time. I'm hoping that she'll be ok with solids / water during...
Thanks Mamas!  Last night was one of our worst nights in a while...  I think after the current teeth come in I'm going to work on changing our routine a little to find something that works better for both of us.  I feel like it's a little too much for her to make changes in the midst of her worst teething yet.  Hopefully my replies are coherent, as I've only slept a couple hours!   This is what I kind of feared when I asked... the idea of this lasting another year adds a...
Oceanside or any of the neighboring communities (Carlsbad, Encinitas, Leucadia, Cardiff by the Sea) are nice. There are good beaches in other parts of San Diego, but the north part of the county (Oceanside and such) are probably better if you are looking for quiet. Except Legoland, most "attractions" will be about 30 minutes drive... but you'll hopefully have some down days at the beach! Locally, I like San Diego Botanic Gardens (in Encinitas), they have a great...
At what age did your little one(s) stop needing movement to go to sleep? Our ten-month-old daughter has gotten a little better, in that she'll usually go to sleep nursing (in a chair only, in bed she gets up) or walking around, but when she is struggling to sleep we have to bounce her to sleep still. It's the same at night or for naps. If you've BTDT - at what age did it stop? When did you start laying down with your little one and getting them to sleep in bed? When I...
I think this would be similar to bringing your supply back after an illness or nursing strike. I've only had moderate drops in supply twice, but here are some suggestions for increasing supply based on what I've heard in LLL meetings and a breastfeeding support group. • Take the baby to bed... spend as much time as possible skin to skin and in each other's company. • If you're going to supplement with solids, nurse first and then offer solids. • Pump for 5-10 minutes...