or Connect

Posts by Tmama

This is a tricky one...   We just started solids (DS is EBF) and we are just doing baby oatmeal (not doing BLW, at least not right now) for now.  Today is day 3 on oatmeal.  ALSO, I just started taking fenugreek capsules on Saturday - 3 pills, 3 times a day with meals to increase my supply. DS usually only poops once a day, sometimes every other day.  Today?  He went at 1 am, again at 6:30am and again at 8 am.  Not usual for him.  Also, his poop appeared to have some...
I guess I need someone to tell me its going to be okay or what I'm doing is fine...I'm nursing my 5.5 month old son (my oldest son is 4 and nursed until he was 3).  Never had a supply issue with DS1 but for some reason I keep thinking I don't have a ton of milk.  My right breast is the least preferred...DS2 loves my left one and perhaps I've offered that one more than the right not even realizing it but - nonetheless my right breast is my low producer.  Took DS2 to...
Yeah...not the best mama moment but I often wear my 4 month old and eat lunch.  I guess I wasn't being too overly cautious and I was just plain hungry and I look down to find crumbs all in my baby's hair.     Oops...   I'm positive I'm not the only mama with a not so great babywearing moment, right?
First off - wow...at the number of responses this post got!  I wish I had the time to read every single one but I cannot possibly do that right now.  But thank you to all of for your suggestions!  I realize a lot of the discussions from this post were in response to one another and so on but for the most part, I'm floored!   As far as some of the suggestions go:   I have always used a paci - when he was crying that hard - he wouldn't even close his mouth to suck...
I wouldn't exactly say the brain is the base of my concern but it's in the back of my head amongst feeling horrible that he is screaming for a long period ( and thank goodness it's not hours like colic...so in that perspective, I feel silly) but I'm not back there with him, so it's almost as if he's alone. He's three months, not weeks, if that makes any difference. I will toughen up. I think I have for the most part as of late but I have days that I just feel so worn...
I think I did have baby blues but I honestly don't think it's PPD...but its more that I just feel so shaken when I hear him cry for a long period of time.  I know how damaging it can be to a baby's brain crying that long and thats the part I think about.  The (possible) damage caused by crying so hard.  His hands are shaking by the time I get him out, his eyes are welled up and his face is beat red.  How can I not let that affect me?   When I wrote this post I just...
Just before I left today for pickup for DS1, he was alseep in his car seat, woke up upon the placing in the car, though I was quiet as can be.  I have to admit, I lost it, I turned into a loony once I shut the door and he couldn't see me.  It was my temper tantrum, as I just stood in the garage, sweating and shushing for 10 minutes for it only to fail.   Anyway, he woke up so I'm assuming it was a tired cry and a help me, I hate this cry.  So, no, I have no idea what...
This is related to my Baby Hates the Car post (copied and pasted below)   Most importantly to me, I just want to know, is this the same as CIO???  This is what KILLS me the most!  DS1's camp is 20 minutes away.  Add it up, thats 20 minutes both ways TWICE a day (thankfully only 2 days a week though) but thats 80 minutes in one day!  Granted, I take him out and soothe him before we turn around and go back home but still...he's only 3 months old and I would never ever...
Most importantly to me, I just want to know, is this the same as CIO???  This is what KILLS me the most!  DS1's camp is 20 minutes away.  Add it up, thats 20 minutes both ways TWICE a day (thankfully only 2 days a week though) but thats 80 minutes in one day!  Granted, I take him out and soothe him before we turn around and go back home but still...he's only 3 months old and I would never ever ever make a baby CIO regardless of age...but feel worse with how young he is....
So I did the experiment of putting the baby in DS1's Britax Marathon.  What happened was - we got to camp, dropped DS1 off and parked the car and soothed the baby...took him out shushed and nursed and held him for a while.  Once he was happy again, I placed him in the Britax (he looked like such a peanut in it).  He was fine and then I picked him back up since not much I could do with that scenario since DS1's seat is FF.  I then placed him, while he was still happy,...