or Connect

Posts by nstewart

Jess, just saw your post.  I tried to create a group this afternoon.  I need to add some other users as friends in order to create the group.  Can anyone who's interested in joining send me their FB info so we can become "friends" and thus create the group?  Thanks!
Great advice Katie!  Thanks!  I'm excited to try.  It will be cold enough here that if I just leave the turkey outside without adding ice it will be fine.  If it's "warm" it'll be below freezing anyway.  I am pretty plain jane with my chicken.  I just brine the whole chicken in a big mixing bowl with salt and put it in the fridge for the day or overnight.  I then usually cut an orange in half and stuff it in the cavity along with some garlic cloves and rosemary.  But, the...
Oh, and someone was asking about Stephanie (aka Timesway).  She dropped off a month and a half or so before our DDs, back in March I think but last posted April 28 in the "I'm in labor" thread.  I hope she's ok too!  
Hey Jess, good to hear from you!  Glad the twins are doing well!  I developed a bit of a carrier addiction too, after DS1 was born.  I have 7 counting my hiking backpack!  My go-to is really my Ergo though, but I did use the wrap until Sander was about 3 months old.  I was even carrying DS1 who is 3.5yrs in the Ergo at the zoo a couple weeks ago and it was still totally comfortable.   I would love a FB group too, I can be an admin.  Can there be more than 1 admin?  Might...
Katie, I love brining too!  Although I haven't tried brining pork.  I will have to the next time I cook it.  I always brine chicken.  Do you use a bag to brine your turkey?  What do you brine it with?  I am hosting a family dinner for Christmas and want to brine the turkey this time but I'm not sure how to do it.  In a big cooler?  In a bag in a cooler?     Tandem nursing sounds tricky!  And you sound so organized!  Can you just take the clean clothes that are already...
Hey all!  I've been MIA this month, sorry!  I've been managing to get here and read new posts once a week or so, but that's about it.   Amanda, good to hear from you!  Your little guy is super cute!  I loved his monkey picture in the photo thread too!  I'm glad Joel is doing so well!  I don't know about quantities since Sander doesn't really take a bottle and I'm still home on mat leave, but if he's hungry enough to eat when you pick him up then I would guess he likely...
Stephanie, that sounds terrible.  I'm glad you have another practice now.    I love the milk cookies too!  I don't know if they work, but they can't hurt!  What recipe did you use?  I tried this one, for Major Milk Makin' Cookies and they were really yummy, and turned out well even with gluten free flour which I haven't worked with a lot (I was making them for a friend who had just given birth and she tries to be GF).  Her milk came in right away.  She had trouble with...
Awh, all so cute!!!
Katie, very cute.  Sydney looks like she is vanquishing some villans!     PBM - I think the amber helps too.  And even if it doesn't, it can't hurt and I think they're cute necklaces!  Malcom is such a cutie!  What big eyes!  We have the Stokke chair too.  Currently DS1 is still using it though.  Currently we put Sander in the bumbo with the tray when he's eating, or he sits on my lap.  I mentioned to DS1 today, actually, that pretty soon he'd be sitting in a grown-up...
Hi all!   It's that time again!  6 month birthdays are approaching for some and have just passed for others.  Also, I thought it would be fun to share Halloween photos as well.  I am loving all the adorable photos of friends' little ones on facebook tonight, I am sure all your littles are just as adorable!   Here is Sander in his skeleton costume.  His big brother insisted that they match.  Sander was 6 months on the 28th.