or Connect

Posts by nstewart

Lol to this!  DH is happy that I am enthusiastic about it for the first time in months.  Little does he know he's being used...although if I told him he would still be just as happy.
How exciting you mammas!  BHs here, but not as frequent as some as you.  I know also not strong enough to be anything real.  Sigh, patience N, patience.
Yes, I am taking those supplements too!!  But I feel torn, because I want to keep taking the probiotics and the VitD to help stay GBS-....Hmmm.
Congratulations!  I'm so glad you are all home now.  They are precious! 
Jac, I hope baby boy stays put now that he's facing the right direction!!     Well, if hosting a dinner party for 13 didn't do it, you may have a challenge on your hands!  Maybe we should start a list...   Walking, sex, pinapple, EPO, deep squats....I am at least going to try the first three. 
Yes, exactly.  You can't "cure" GBS, you are either colonized or you are not.  However, you can take actions to reduce the level of colonization.  GBS- does not mean that you do not have GBS, it just means that you are not colonized enough for the test to be considered a GBS+ result.  So, with my DS, I tested GBS- although I was colonized (had to be, or I wouldn't have been GBS+ this time) at 37 weeks.  I may well have been GBS+ when he was born at 40w6days or I may not...
Also, I just wanted to comment since I've done a lot of research on this since finding out I was GBS+.  It is correct that you can get a GBS infection before labor starts and that baby can be colonized even if the water breaks while pushing, etc.  50% of babies of GBS+ mothers will be colonized, of those, 1-2% will get sick.  Babies can get GBS from the mother or elsewhere after birth as well, which is late onset GBS.  In order for antibiotics to be effective, you should...
Hi all, I am bumping this thread to share that using a GBS protocol worked for me as well.   I tested GBS+ at a swab at 35 weeks.  I started this protocol when I got my results at 36 weeks.  I was re-tested 2 weeks later (38 weeks) and today (39 weeks) got the results, I am now NEGATIVE for GBS.   The protocol that I followed is:     AM - zinc (20mg) and vitamin C (1000mg with calcium and bioflavinoids) and probiotics (HCP30, which is 30 billion colonizing...
Great news TJ and Gooseberry!   I got the results from my re-swab taken last week today - I am now negative!!   So, if anyone gets a GBS+ and is interested in what worked for me:   AM - zinc and vitamin C (1000mg with calcium and bioflavinoids) and probiotics   Lunch - Echinacea tincture and Grapefruit Seed extract   Dinner - probiotics   Evening - for the first week, nightly teatree oil suppositories (soak a cotton tampon in olive oil, then drop...
Good luck to you too, Jess!  I hope and pray everything goes smoothly!   eepeepee, can't wait to see some photos!  Oh, to have seen the look on your DH's face...   Co, I hope the girls are in better spirits for you!  I know siblings will fight, but that is something I am not looking forward to with two!  Although my gramma always says that it is the siblings that fight as kids that are close as adults...she should know, she is still best friends with one of her...