or Connect

Posts by nstewart

Mmmmm, I love blackstrap molasses.  I love to eat it spread on toast with some butter.  
Katie, sounds like you are doing well!  I'm with the others, I think I'd go a bit crazy.  But you are right, we do what is best for our babes!  At least you should be very well rested!!   Jac, just reading your post made me want to lay down for a nap!!!  Your party sounds like it was a hit, the menu sounds amazing and I am not sure I could even have gotten the meal done let alone the rest of your productive activities!!  I hope that baby boy does flip for you.  If...
Holy crap, 9 days!  No real labor "symptoms" yet although some stronger and more frequent contractions this afternoon.  None that feel like the "real" thing though, just more like strong BHs.  
I don't have any advice, just .  
YES to the pinapple!  I've been craving it too!
Katie, glad to hear you and the babes are doing well.  I hope you get to go home.  Does that mean that 38 weeks is no longer an option?
PM, I am a water person and not planning to get/set up a pool for the HB either.  We have a good sized tub, but not "big".  I'm going to do the same thing as Berry and cover the catch drain so I can put more water in and make it deeper.  I probably won't deliver in there, although my MW has already said she wouldn't make me get out of the tub if I didn't want to.  But I plan to labor in there.  I labored in the tub at the hospital and found it really soothing.  The tub...
Katie, I'm glad that things have stabilized for you and that you and the babes are still doing well.  Sorry you have to stay in the hospital, but at least it means you are being well cared for.  If nothing else, you are FORCED to relax!     EPP, the photo shoot sounds fun! I don't think I have anything to add.  I can just picture you with a cigarette in one hand, a martini in the other.  Maybe you could look like you are out prowling for men or something?  I think...
Today is my last day of work before starting a year of maternity leave!  I am really excited to have a whole year at home with DS and with the new babe who is due May 1.   I am looking for advice from you SAH mommies.  Do you have a "routine" for your toddler?  What does it look like?  My DS will be 3 in July and still has a nap most days at around 2pm.  Other than a play group on Friday mornings that will end in June, we don't have anything scheduled.   That...
My DS sometimes naps for 3 hours, but only if he really needs it.  Usually he naps for 1-2 hours at around 2pm and his bed time is 8pm.  If he has a very long nap and is obviously not tired at 8 we sometimes let him stay up later but keep activities quiet (such as reading stories).   My niece is the same age (she just turned 3 in March) and she was napping for 3 hours (or more!!) like your DC and then staying up really, really late.  My SIL tried cutting her naps...