or Connect

Posts by nstewart

Hello All!  Hard to believe the end of October is just around the corner!  Sander will be 6 months old tomorrow.  Wow, time is flying!  I can't believe my mat leave is officially half over.    Katie, I hope the sleep situation has continued to improve! Sounds like Alice is sleepign really well already though.  Sander is usually pretty easy to put down, but sometimes it takes up to an hour.  Then another 30 mins for DS1 (at least, he often wanders out of his room after...
Welcome Stephanie!  Feel free to jump in on any of the threads!  I love retrievers.  I had a golden retriever from the time I was 12 until I was 26 (he had a good, long life!) and he was my best buddy.  He was amazing with kids, I hope your guy will be too!   As for solids, we did Baby Led Weaning with DS1 and are doing the same with Sander.  I did try giving DS1 cereal a few times but he didn't really like it.  I only tried it because my SIL gave me an unopened box she...
I had this with my first DS.  It was an incredibly strong rush of hormones as soon as my milk let down.  I know exactly what you are describing.  But for me, thankfully, the emotions were of extreme relaxation and a really good feeling, like eyes rolling back in my head and thinking "oh, ya".  Strong emotions for sure, but mostly positive ones.  Strong enough to make me cry, yes.  I am not bipolar, don't suffer from depression, etc. so I don't know if for you that is the...
Hello Mamas.  Happy Thanksgiving to any other Canadian mamas still following along.   Katie, I hope the sleep situation has improved for you all!  We've had a bug that's stuck around our house for 4 weeks now.  I am not sure if it's one bug or if DS keeps bringing new ones home from preschool or what, but we've all had runny noses for a month and a cough for 2 weeks.  DS1 had an ear infection last weekend, which we didn't treat with antibiotics on the advice of the...
Hi everyone!  I can't believe our babies are all turning 5 months old (now or in the next month or so)!  I can't wait to see how they are growing and changing!   Here is Sander:  

Thanks for the perspective PBM!  The Kelly Mom site has good information. I had already read the Health Canada information linked there. I was just re-reading the BLW book and it was confusing.  In terms of "signs of readiness" Sander is almost there (sitting independently or almost independently, grabbing things and bringing them to his mouth accuretly, making chewing movements, etc.  He just isn't quite sitting independently yet, but pulls himself up to sitting if he's...
Thanks!  Still getting used to the hair.  Liking it overall, but actually "doing" it every day???  Not so much!     Kate, I'm glad that the trial run at daycare went well.  I hope that the bottle thing goes ok and isn't too stressful for you or Elodie.  I know you'll get it figured out, she won't let herself starve!  But I do understand how stressful it would be.  We do have pets, two cats.  My old guy (he's 13) is a bit more leary around the kids.  He doesn't get too...
Here's the new 'do!
OM, I am starting to think about winter gear too!  No frost yet, we have had a beautiful fall so far (it was 26C yesterday) but it is supposed to start to cool down tomorrow.  Really, it's more that I find that things get picked over and sold out so quickly here, especially with the current baby boom!   Katie, I WISH BFing made me horny!  Seriously!  I haven't been horny in a year!!  DH and I DTD maybe once a week or so.  Sometimes I do it purely out of consideration for...