or Connect

Posts by nstewart

Yes, I don't think anyone has posted in that thread for a long time but there are some good tips and tricks there.  I have been no 'poo since February 2012.  My technique has changed over time and now what works for me is washing with conditioner only.  I started out using BS/ACV but found my hair to dry.  Then, I used just water.  Still too dry.  Now I wash with water and a natural conditioner.  It's what works for me, but I tend to be really dry and we have hard water.

That was me with DS1. Not a "me too!" but a "hang in there!"  Sander is a pretty good sleeper and doesn't seem to need the boob to fall asleep (he likes it, but it's not a necessity.)  My DS1, on the other hand, was exactly as you described.  I don't remember when it ended (like him sleeping with my boob in his mouth all night), but by 10 months he could start the night in his crib and then be in our bed after he woke up for the first time (between 11pm and 1am or so).  By...
Yes, me too!  DS1 is/was long and skinny.  He's always been about 50th percentile for weight, and about 75th for height.  DS2, who is now 4 months, is between 90th and 95th percentile for both height and weight. He is filling out all of his 9month clothing.  He has these leg and arm rolls that just kill me!  And his chins!!  He has 3!  I wonder if DS1 still nursing has meant more milk for DS2?
Once you've breastfed somewhere, in retrospect, it doesn't seem that unusual.  At least to me, babies are just hungry when and where they are hungry!   Because DS1 wouldn't take a bottle, I have BF'd so many different places!  Airplanes (one 6 hour flight was particularly fun.  DS1 was not feeling well and I stood at the front of the plane nursing him and bouncing for much of the flight.  The flight attendents were so understanding!), airports, my workplace, on a...
How is it 4 months already?! Here is a photo of Sander enjoying a beautiful Calgary morning!
We took Sander camping about a month ago.  Not super rustic either.  We have a tent trailer.   Bug spray: I would suggest looking for some natural options as opposed to Off or the like.  I bought these bracellets that act to repell bugs using essential oils and they work quite well. You could also try the clip on route, or some type of area bug repelling system.  I don't know how safe they are or how well they work.  Haven't tried it myself.   Other camping...
Kate!  Good to hear from you!  I'm glad the twins are both doing well and are rather laid back.  That must make a huge difference.  And thank-goodness they like the car!  It is incredible that you are getting MORE sleep with twins than you did with DD1.  I can imagine though, as I am getting WAY more sleep with Sander than I did with DS1 (at least on those nights that DS1 isn't up a ton.  He's still the one keeping me up!)   PBM - how did the big move go? (that was...
Sander is a bit all over the board. Yesterday, he had 3 poops. Today, 2. But the three previous days he had one per day and he'll often skip a day or two and once skipped 3! As long as you are EBFing skipping a day or two or three is nothing to worry about. You could try probiotic drops if you are concerned. Also, i have found ECing helps them poop as the hold position puts them in much like a squat position and makes it easier to push than if they are laying down or in...
  Here is Sander a couple weeks ago.  Given his girth, the "Little" is kind of ironic!       For comparison, DS1 at about the same age.  I think that you can definitely tell they are brothers!