or Connect

Posts by nstewart

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well!   Lynann, WOW!  Good for you on the weight loss.  I am a bit bummed as I seem to have stalled out at about 3lbs above my PP weight.  Now, this isn't a huge number or anything so I know I shouldn't complain.  But last time, I couldn't eat enough to NOT lose weight and ended up about 15lbs below my Pre-Preg weight without trying at all.  I was sort of expecting the same this time, especially with tandem nursing! I would love to...
YAY!  Thanks for the new chat thread Kate!  I've been missing all our DDC chats.  Hopefully now that our babes are getting bigger we can have a more active thread.   Kate, I can't believe that your kids are back in school already!  Wow.  Summer flies by, doesn't it?  I don't think school starts here until the first week in September, so there's a ways to go for those with school age kids here.  Although DS1 will be starting preschool in the fall, 2 mornings a week....
Co, the meeting went well.  It wasn't to formally discuss anything in particular, we're just trying to meet up once a month for coffee to keep in touch.  Seems like they've been really busy in my department, and my co-worker is still planning to take 4 weeks off for her honeymoon in Oct.  But, they may be hiring a first year lawyer on secondment from a firm in town at the end of the summer.  If that happens, I don't know if they would need me too or not.  Just have to...
So just last night I was thankful for tandem nursing!  DS2 slept the longest stretch yet (7 hours!) and I had to go into DS1's room, wake him up, and ask him to nurse at 3am because I was so full and uncomfortable I couldn't sleep!  He obliged willingly, of course!
  Sounds like you are lucky in the sleep department mama!  I feel pretty fortunate and my 10 week old sleeps 4.5 hour stretches at night!  He's so much better than DS1 I feel lucky.  He also usually has a few short naps (2-3 45min-1hr naps) during the day and usually one 2-3 hr nap.  I think short naps are pretty common at this age, as a sleep cycle for babes is about 45 mins.  As long as she doesn't seem over tired or over stimulated I would just go with the flow as her...
It's supposed to be hot again later in the week, so I'll venture to use the countertop oven and see how it turns out and let you all know!  A brick oven sounds pretty amazing!
Sounds just like Sander!  Last Wednesday (so 8.5 weeks) he was just over 14lbs already!  He is long too, so the 3-6 month stuff fits now, but some of the jammies (which I find fit small, anyway) just fit.  I'll need to go through the 6-9 mos sleepers soon, hard as that is to believe.  
OMG Farmer, what is up with these restaurants??  The last two times DH and I have been out for dinner, the restaurant didn't have a change table in the bathroom!!  One was a new, trendy type place that does "family style" Italian claims to be family friendly.  I just changed DS on the counter in the bathroom, but it was tight.  The other was a new Earls.  Now, I now they don't really want to encourage families or kids, but DH and I had a nice dinner and our bill was...
Oh man, Jess, they are SOOOO cute!!  How are you managing two?  I was at the mall today and saw a mom out with twins, maybe 3 months old and a two year old.  I felt like I should get down on the floor and .
Co, I had to look up what a swamp cooler is!  We recently received one from our ILs who bought a new AC unit for themselves as a hand-me-down and boy were we glad to have it last week.  It was really hot out (for us, anyway, it got up to 36C which is 98.6F but "felt like" 43C which is 109F and that is hot enough for me, thank-you very much!!).  So we were at least able to cool our master bedroom and pulled DS1's matress into our room.  Sander sleeps with us still anyway....