or Connect

Posts by nstewart

Like MW said, start with cuing when you know baby is going.  We use a "pssss" sound for pees and a grunting, "ugh" noise for poops.  This helps baby associate the feeling with the cue. Do this for a few days to a few weeks.  During this time, try to pay attention to any cues or clues your baby was giving you that they need to go.  Lots of time in arms helps with this.  Just try to be really aware of baby's cues and also timing (ex. Sander usually has a big poop around 6am...
Co, things are starting to get back to normal!  Clean-up continues (this will take a while), some roads and bridges are still closed.  Some houses will be condemed, and some businesses will need to close for 6 months to just get to the point they can re-open.  The volunteer effort has been something else.  Thousands of people just getting groups together and helping strangers clean up their homes, yards and basements.  I'm so proud of our city.  Some areas of downtown...
We've been doing EC with Sander for 2 weeks or so now (he's 8 weeks old) with pretty good success for poops. Pees, not so much except for while pooping but I have caught a few. With DS1 we startes at around 10 weeka on a whim and he was exclusively pooping on the potty by 5 or 6 months, and having 2-3 pee misses during the day by that point too, so we put him in trainers at that time. I love EC. It's challenging to be starting over but the only way to go IMO. MW, if she's...
Hi ladies,   I thought I would try to revive the chat thread.  The PP chat thread is great, but it's nice to have a place to just chat generally like we all used to!  I miss our chat threads!!  I thought maybe with how busy everyone is with their little babes that a weekly thread isn't realistic, so maybe monthly will work??   I'll post what's been up with us from the PP chat thread that isn't PP related: "We've had a major flood in our city the last few days....
Love, love, love seeing all these beautiful babies!!  Fills my heart with joy 
I agree with Co!  I think just time.  I know side lying has been a savior for us at night time, but haven't tried nursing in the carrier yet, except once, and it was hard to do.  I wonder how to learn to do this better?  Maybe the local carrier store.  I'm glad to hear that things are improving though!  Yay!!! PM, this was me with DS1!  The ONLY way he would sleep is on the move.  He had to be in the carrier and in the fall/winter I would go to the mall, buy a coffee, and...
Oh PM, that sucks!  Sorry to hear that!   Well, Sander is already 7 weeks old!!  How did that happen??   He is sleeping quite well, up to 3 hour stretches at night easily (and I think if he didn't sleep in my bed it might be longer, but if he squacks at night he's right there so I offer him a nipple) and sometimes 4.  My almost 3 year old wakes up more often some nights!!   We went to the ILs for 4 days, and it's a long drive, 6 hours.  Sander was such a...
I had some last time.  They worked well, except that you do still leak (or at least I did), especially during let down.  So since they don't absorb liquid it was then just really messy when I took one off to nurse!!  I had a pool of milk with no where to go sitting in there.
Yes, the pillows are key! Also, if you need to set boundaries on night nursing in order to preserve your nursing relationship and have patoence to parent during the day, that's ok too. You could try even just setting limits so that when she's nursed she doesn't stay latched on while sleeping so that you can change positions if that would be easier/preferable to night weaning. Good luck!
So since my earlier post I gave birth to DS2. This go round, I hated the tub!! It was fine between contractions but i had to be standing to handle my contractions this time, hanging on DH, so I only lasted maybe 3 contractions in the tub! Last time it was a life saver. However, this time my labor was only 2.5 hrs long, so early labor was only 30 mins and i wasn't in the tub until active labor, which was also way more intense than last time. You really can't predict...