or Connect

Posts by nstewart

Hi everyone!   Bailey, I hear you on lurking!  I am good at reading but not having tons of time to actually respond to posts!   Jac, I hope that everything is ok with that baby boy of yours!  Yes, soon you'll be holding that sweet little one in your arms!  I hope it is soon, and on your time and you don't have to be induced!  Although with all the prep your body has been doing I bet it will go quickly either way!   Co, I'm sorry you are feeling crappy.  I...
Sander’s Birth Story   I was just drifting back to sleep after having gotten up to take DS to the washroom at about 1:30am when I felt a warm gush of fluid between my legs.  I knew my water must have broken.  I woke DH up, and told him to grab a towel, which he tucked under me before getting back into bed himself.  I asked him the time: it was 1:50am.   I was not having contractions yet, so I told DH the plan was just to stay in bed until the morning and hope...
Hi all, sorry I've been MIA all week so I am very behind!   Jac, I hope that all the pre-labor is not a waste of time and babe comes fast!   Co, I know how you feel about feeling the need to get things going but needing the time for family.  I felt the same way before Sander was born, needing time for my family and myself but just ready to have baby here too!  I thought I had at least another few days...surprise!  (oh, and if you want to get things going,...
Just checking in!  I've been MIA since Sander was born, I'm sorry!  DH and I have been trying to focus on giving DS1 lots of attention whenever possible this week, and doing special things with him (like DH taking him to the Science center, us all going to the zoo yesterday, etc.) so between that and baby care and guests, I just have not been online!   I just wanted to say that our homebirth was an AMAZING experience to say the least!  Our midwives and doula were so...
PBM what a cutie! He looks like such a little man already!
Here is Alexander, aka "Sander"
  Just had to say that I actually did have grilled pineapple with homemade chocolate sauce for dessert and BAM, water broke 6.5 hours later!!  Crazy coincidence...or secret labor tool??  Either way, it's yummy!
Hi all, I didn't have time to post here either! Baby boy was born this morning after less than 3 hrs active labor! My waters ruptured at 2 am (but just trickled, there was still lots in there when babe was born) but i stayed in bed until shortly after 7 am to prevent labor from starting. Once DS was picked up by my parents at 8am things moved quickly and i was in active labor by 8:30. Alexander was born at 11:12am weighing 8lbs4oz, one whole lb bigger than his brother...
Yes, you are right about the semen ripening the cervix.  It's the prostaglandins that help ripen the cervix.  It's the "O" that sets of contractions.
Good topic, and timely!   Last time, my efforts were minimal and included lots of walking, sex, pressure points and I did have my membranes swept.  The day before DS was born, DH and I went on about a 2hr hike which got some good contractions going, but they stopped after our walk.  We had sex that night as well.  I would add that it's not just the sex but the "O" which also helps get contractions going.   This time, I haven't tried anything yet, besides having...