or Connect

Posts by cldeshano

Just wanted to pop in here to ask if anyone has found a thread for us mamas who are over 40 after we've conceived. I'd love to join. Congrats chichismama and caritasrainbow on your bfps! For some reason, I don't get updates to this thread sent to me. We found out in late March that we're pregnant. I'll be a little more than 42 when our second is born. We had our 20-week ultrasound several weeks ago, and they said everything looked great. It's reassuring, even if they...
I'm so sorry sherryvhkb.
I'm sorry to hear that you missed your window this month, orangemomma. I'll be hoping for you next month.   Congratulations on your bfp, sherryvhkb!   Gumblossom and stevi, I'll be sending many wishes your way this next month.    I'll be scheduling an ultrasound for the middle of the month and am hopeful we'll see a heartbeat. I hope to update with some good news around then. 
Good luck next week, gumblossom! I'll be thinking good thoughts. And I just went back through all the posts on this thread and chuckled about your idea of giving up the healthy lifestyle for smoking, drinking, fast food, etc. it does seem sometimes as though there's not much left to do but laugh and try something totally different. Stevi, I also hope you're able to benefit from a more peaceful ttc time, like tenzinsmama said. Orangemomma, that's wonderful that you're...
I joined the old thread pretty late in the game, but I'd like to join this one. We have one son who is a bit more than 2, and we'd like to have a second child. I'm 41 and had a miscarriage in January. I had two miscarriages before our son was born, so three total.    I'm not sure that we'll actively try this month. I've had one full cycle since the miscarriage, and we may sit out this one, too. I think I could use the time/space, too, to make a little more peace with...
Just wanted to stop back in and say thank you for the kind thoughts and wishes after my miscarriage. I think we've decided that we'll take a month off and then try again, so hopefully I'll have some positive news to share in the coming months. Even though I'm new here, I really appreciate this group.
Well, unfortunately, we didn't make it to the ultrasound. I started to miscarry about four days before. It's the first miscarriage I've had since our son was born more than 2 years ago, and my third one in all.    Thank you, LitMama, for your info about checking progesterone levels. This is the second miscarriage I've had around the 7-week mark, and I had a midwife who suggested I may want to look at my progesterone levels. I had blood work done with this...
SSo glad that your second u/s went well and wishing you good luck with the upcoming scans and tests!
Just wanted to pop back in and post a little update. Well, a few days after my first post here and my concerns we'd have another unsuccessful cycle, I got a positive test. I thought I was just imagining it, so I took another after a few days and it was positive. I'm being very cautiously optimistic but am also excited about the little bean. I'm trying not to over-analyze every symptom or lack of. I'm scheduling an US for the end of this week or next and believe I'm...
Congrats, Carmen! It's so very exciting! Hope these 9 months are wonderful for you. Thanks so much for the suggestions about nutrition and lifestyle, litmama. It's funny because I know I should trim back my gluten intake, but I have the hardest time doing so. I'll have to be firmer in my commitment. I also need to make time for regular exercise. All things that will serve me well once I am pregnant. Thanks again!