or Connect

Posts by RRMum

Hi PeachBaby, if you LO doesn't like meats, I would say don't stress there are lots of other sources of protein such as grains, dairy, eggs, legumes.  I would just say try to offer healthy alternatives.  I'm veggie, but I have seen a lot of kids love grilled chicken.  You might also try a dipping sauce, my little guy will eat just about anything with ketchup or blue cheese dressing as a dip.  You can also use sour cream or plan yogurt.  Good luck. 
OK, so finally this morning I heard my little guy up, in his room wandering around at 5:30 a.m.  Then it got quite.  When he finally woke up at 6:30 he said he waited for the clock to turn green.  So I think we had our first success with this thing.  I think it is bringing some awareness to him that there is even the option to go back to sleep.  I have hope for a full night sleep soon!  My MIL said DH didn't sleep through the night until 4!  I hope we don;t surpass that...
So I have an update.  We've had the clock for a week, we got the "teach me time" version.  First night we accidentally set the alarm (very loud!), but DS was already up so it didn't matter. Then we have been dealing with daylight savings.  So far my son seems to get the concept very well, but he just doesn't really seem to get why he should comply.  We even got his pediatrician involved (whom he DS adores) to tell him how important rest is. The clock speaks the time when...
Will do!
Ok, so I ordered the teach me time ok to wake clock.  Can't wait to get it and try it as I am starting to really struggle on 5-6 hours of broken sleep every night.   Hope it works. 
Thanks Fizgigs, I was concerned that the rave reviews were all from easy sleeping kiddos.  Sounds like your life is much like mine :)
Hi, My 3.5 yo DS is still getting up 2 times a night and often waking for the day around five (in bed a 8p.m. sometimes still awake at 10p.m.).  we had a good 6 months when he would sleep through most nights, but now he just won't.  Sometimes he wakes up at 4:30, flips his light on, toddles down the hall and say's, mommy, let's get up!  Has anyone tried the "ok to wake" clocks that change color to let your little one know when it's time to get out of bed?  Just curios if...
My DS says, "all the bodies" instead of everybody.  I love the literal and whimsical.  "Mommy, let's see if all the bodies are awake!"  
I have to say I think for kids under 5 it's fine.  I don't think anyone needs to be concerned about forming lifelong urban tree-peeing habits with such young kids.  They will grow out of so many things, and they should grow out of this, especially if parents start letting them know that it is best to find privacy when they can.  My one concern is about creepy folks that might be interested in getting a peek, makes my stomach turn to think about it. We bring a potty...
Hmm, this my be a silly question, but have you every brought your own potty chair when out?  We were having a similar problem, and there are two things going on.  One is the LO is petrified of public toilets ever since an incident at the library when an autoflush happened while is was trying to pee - it was so loud, poor little guy.  The other thing is that we figured out that he likes privacy for pooping.  Se we bring our own mini potty chair everywhere (i mean...