or Connect

Posts by RRMum

Thanks,  Good idea to volunteer a little.  It would be hard, but I might be able to find something.
It annoys me, but my two year old seems not to care, he borrowed his friends pink tutu a few weeks ago, and he asked for a pink easter dress - it's freezing here so we didn't get him one.    What I HATE is the slogans on kid clothing, "MONSTER", "PRINCESS", "I'M THE BOSS", "MOMMY'S NIGHTMARE", "AT LEAST I'M CUTE", "SOCCER CHAMP" there are so many horrible ones that make boys all out to be terrors, and girls all out to be princesses.  I hate it hate it hate it.  It is...
A week after my DS was born (now 32 mo) I had a job opportunity that was out of my field with a pay cut and significant hours cut down to 1/2 time.  I jumped at it because my then boss was not family friendly and frankly kind of a jerk.  I figured I didn't need his negativity and power games in my life now that I have a family.  Turned out my new job was with lovely people but really boring and not all that secure, so I applied for yet another job.  This one came with a...
I hear you on the exploring.  DS refused to be worn from the second he could walk at 12 months.  Now at 31, he says he is willing to give the ergo a try again, but it worries me because he learned to climb out around 13 months.  I had the vision of wearing him though toddlerhood, but he has other ideas .  On the night weaning, just listen to your own needs, and your baby's.  You'll know when the time is right.
Do what works for you.  We are transitioning from vegetarian to vegan and I think it will take a long time, if ever for us to go 100%  But as for coffee, fell ya! I switched to soy cream (not soy milk) about 5 years ago when I was faced with only that choice in a mountain cabin.  I love it and prefer it to cream.  I still get cream in my coffee at coffee shops, if soy cream is not an option.  I think soy milk is actually pretty disgusting in coffee.  You may find that...
This may be so obvious, but maybe just cutting back on the night nursing would give you a little break and more rest so you can have the energy to enjoy nursing during the day.   I think night weaning would have been impossible for me with out my DH taking on the night time care for a 8-10 nights that I slept in another room while we weaned our 9 mo from 5 times a night down to one.  It was hard, but well worth it.  We kept that last one until about 14, when DH had to do...
Thanks All - So I made nut cheese with Cashews, not too hard just a commitment to let it ripen etc., but it is delicious, and works well on crackers, rolled up in sprouted tortillas etc. I came across chef Amber Shea's blog and cookbook, practically raw which sounds great, so I think I'll get the book, and I've already tried a couple of things from the blog.  Bed time is slightly better, but still a lot of crying for food, not necessarily cheese!  Thanks for you support...
I have the opposite problem, my 2.5 yo wants to eat ONLY dairy, and I worry he is getting too much sat. fat and not enough minerals and vitamins from veggies. My efforts to cut back on dairy may involve some solutions that will work for you too.  I know you said smoothies are a lot of work, but with spring on the horizon try making green smoothies (banana, lots of spinach, blueberries or raspberries, or orange juice with a little almond milk or yogurt) then freezing them...
Thanks all - he is still basically only eating fruit and is in his room right now crying for food (milk and cheese!), but we are sticking with it. Made nutritional yeast and quinoa patties with kale tonight, but what is it "they" say.  it takes 9-15 times before a toddler may like a new food.  
Thanks dovey for some ideas.  I haven't found unsweetened soy yogurt, but I will keep looking (we have an great coop so I can ask).  I've never tried a nut cheese, but have a few raw recipes so I will give one a try.  I've cooked with nutritional yeast, but haven't gotten very adventurous, but that is a good idea.  One item that is sometimes a hit is hummus, but lately that is a no go.  These are great suggestions!