or Connect

Posts by RRMum

I was so happy to see this group in the community.  I've been veggie for over 20 years, DH made the change about 5 years ago, and we are raising DS vegetarian.  I have started to notice my diet slipping since DS has been eating real food (he is now 30 months old).  I've gradually started making foods that are more agreeable to him, because although we started him with a variety of veggies, he has really started asserting his preference for dairy and carb rich foods...
I love this post, as I am feeling a lot of remorse after cutting my 30 mo DS strait locks.  So strait it just covered his face, but I think we are going to start growing it again.  Keep posting!
snapdragon - thanks for the response, that is really helpful.  People have said "don't let him do that", well obviously, but how? Thanks for being specific.  Thanks newmamalizzy to, I think you are right about physical action.  I can be misled by how much DS understands vocabulary wise so I need to be reminded that action "speaks" to toddlers. Thanks to you both.
Hi all, My 20 mo DS has taken to hitting, pinching, and kicking me a lot.  He normally spares everyone else.  I've read positive discipline and try to go with that.Sometimes when he does this it is a protest for something he doesn't want (to wear shoes, have a clean diaper, be strapped in the car seat, wear a bike helmet, etc.).  to avoid it I give him lots of warning when we have to do those things (in 5 min we are going to..., in 2, in 1...) then I try to make it...
Don't feel guilty, we had all 4 premolars at once and all together it took about 3 months!  we didn't have to give him something every night, but did several times a week.  Sleep (for everyone) is important!  
Help, prepared meals, a massage, watching the baby for a two hour nap...  These were my favorite things. 
In prep for our transition I have been nursing sitting up (instead of in bed) just before bedtime with low lights, then laying my LO down for bed.  I still lay next to him, and hold his hand or belly and sometimes sing to him.  It's taking longer for him to fall asleep this was as opposed to nursing to sleep, but I think it will help in the long run.  Seems to be working ok for now.  Note that we have a matress on the floor, so it's easy for me to lay with DS as he...
Thanks Anna and sunnygirl!  This is really helpful, nursing has been erratic, but the no pumping is going fine and I don't seem to have any engorgement problems on work days, or supply problems when I am with DS.  Thanks for the reminder to drink lots of water - I needed it. Cheers!
Hi everyone.  I've just transitioned out of pumping (i was way over it, and starting to resent it, and not getting much during pump sessions - probably becuase I was resenting it) in combination my DS (15 months) moved to a part of our day care that doesn't handle breast milk.  So on the 3 days a week he is in daycare he only BFs morning and bedtime.  On the other days he also nurses to sleep for nap time.  At first I tried to offer breastmilk at pick up time, but it...
Carlotta, I have the same question about transitioning.  DS (15 mos) only falls asleep with me while BF for night and naps, we are 3 times a day (morn, nap, and bed) on days he is with me and two on day care days (3 days a week).  I very curious what other people have done.   I can tell you that I have the same experience when DS wakes up, especially from a nap. He always cries, but is eventually in  a good mood, I used to think it was because he didn't sleep...