or Connect

Posts by Jay9

Hi Leela, My wonderful babysitter slept over as the idea of nightweaning my little ones was very daunting to me. I explained to my twins that after they went to sleep Mummy'sboobys were going to sleep too so no more night feeds. After I had bf them at bedtime I changed my top to reduce booby access. I was amazed at how well it went. I only needed the babysitters help once when they both woke at the same time. If I had known how smoothly the transition would be I would...
Over the last 2 months I have night weaned, and then moved my twins into their own room. Since night weaning, I now have sore nipples and find BF uncomfortable. My twins are 25 months and BF about 3 times a day. I currently have their mattresses on the ground, pushed up together. Would it be best to drop the bed time feed the same night they sleep in their new beds( ie with bed frames)? How on earth do I get them to stay in their beds? And how do I get them to go to...
Firstly congratulations and well done for getting this far! Here are a few things that helped me cope I BF in the cross cradle hold. So much easier!!! In hospital they wanted me to use the football hold which was so uncomfortable and awkward! I bought 2 fisher price swings to help get thevtwins to sleep sometimesthey were absolute life savers. Need a battery charger as they chew through the batteries. I gave up pumping. their just wasn't time. Once I got the hang of it I...
For the 1st few weeks my twins slept in a portacot (with 2 hight settings) in the lounge room and i slept on the couch next to them. I was feeding so much and the tv helped to keep me awake during night time feeds. Plus i had a queen sized blanket folded over the coffe table in frount of the couch so i could lay them down whilst i got set up to bf. Having them sleep in the lounge during the day also got them used to sleeping around noise. In the bedroom I had just a bottom...
Well I moved my little darlings into their own room 2 nights ago. Would you believe he slept through on the 1st night and she did the next! They have NEVER done this before!! If I had tried shifting them into their own room even 2 months ago I don't think it would have been so successful. As they now have a greater comprehension of what is going on. I have been so focused on how this change would affect them I never considered how it would be for me. It is strange and...
I cosleep with my twins who have just turned 2. I am considering moving them into their own room. I have set up 2 matresses together on the floor so it is similar to what they are used to. I am hesitant to move them as I suspect I will just end up sleeping in their room instead or get an even worse night sleep due to repeatedly having to get up. If you have coslept with your twins and moved them into their own room as toddlers did they wake less as a result? Any...
Thank you for all of your comments and support. I took a deap breath, arranged for the babysitter to sleep over on a Saturday night and started night weaning. I went to bed really early (7.30) to limit the effects of sleep deprivation. I followed Jay Gordon's method. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected. As my son was already detaching and rolling away to sleep the 1st stage was no different for him. My daughter on the other hand was very frustrated and angry about...
I have that book but like most, the calming suggestions are for dealing with 1 child not 2 crying toddlers. I would love to know how others calm ( and get them back to sleep) their twins when they both wake crying. I am at a loss as to how to do this either when they are co sleeping or when they have moved to their own beds in the future.
I am in the process of night weaning my 23 month old twins. I co sleep with them and I am a solo parent. I am concerned as to how I shall comfort them adequately when they both wake during the night after they have been night weaned. I would greatly apreciate to hear how others have handled this situation with similar aged chidden.
Hi Judy, I am a stay at home, solo Mum to 23 month old b/g twins. I cosleep with them and they both BF frequently, at least 3 times each during the night but usually it's more like 4 or 5 times each. The feeds are very brief and I believe are for comfort and a way to get back to sleep rather than nutrition. I offer a bottle of water first. My son will sometimes except the water but my daughter never will. He BF and then rolls away thanks to the Pantley method but my...