or Connect

Posts by aehardin

I have recommendations from a friend of mine for a doula here in town that sounds right up my alley. I think I want to have one, but haven't done the research on their role in the birth. My husband was the first human to touch both of his boys from his first marriage, and want the same this time around. I want him to be the one to tell me boy or girl. He'll be a great support, but also know that the docs here at the Army hospital sometimes want to force meds on mommas....
Yesterday was a bad day for me nausea-wise. DH had to work in the morning, and since we'd gotten home late the night before from a 2.5 hour drive from my parents' house, he suggested I just sleep. We got up at 1, after he'd come home to get lunch and go grocery shopping. Lunch barely happened, let alone grocery shopping! I almost passed out on the table. (Perhaps from dehydration? I can't seem to drink enough during a day!!) Thank goodness we still had enough food to...
@Brittee: The pregnancy books I've read say 13 glasses (i.e. 3 liters) a day, but that doesn't take into consideration activity level, weight, etc. I can't manage to get NEARLY that much down with my nausea and just the size of my stomach. I always feel so full -- and not the good kind! Before pregnancy, I heard half of your weight in pounds (but in ounces). For instance, if you weighed 120 pounds, they suggested 60 ounces a day. Of course, that was without a growing...
Hi all! I'm Ashley and I'm absolutely BRAND NEW to this website and forums in general. Still trying to get all of the lingo down, but I'm excited to share this journey with you all! I'm in Fayetteville, NC and am due 8 July. This is my first pregnancy, and my husband and I have been married for almost 2 years now. He has 2 boys (18 and 13) from his first marriage, and the 18 year old lives with us now, attending college. I'll be giving birth (mandatorily) in the Army...