or Connect

Posts by *Milk-Fairy*

I'm late to the party, don't get a chance to check MDC very often, but wanted to chime in and say YES! We have two older bio children, and our newest addition will be six months in just a few weeks...her first mommy chose us because we have other children, that is something that was important to her. eta: our daughter was placed in our arms at 2 days old, and we have a wonderful open adoption with her first family. We did go through our agency's minority program, as that...
What a tough question! Just wanted to throw in our own experience, that we were selected by a young woman looking for a family for her daughter...we have two bio children and she still chose us over families without children. When it's right, it's just right. we have a fully open adoption, and waited (from date of approval to day of placement) exactly 5 months. Our dd is 3/4 cc, 1/4 aa. HOWEVER-ethiopia has always called to me, and we were on the verge of...
I guess I'm the poster whose adoption you read about here. Our baby girl is now 3.5 weeks old We used The Gladney Center and went through their ABC program (African American and Biracial Children) You are able to specify what ages you are comfortable with (we were accepting up to age 2), but cannot specify sex. We chose this agency for a few reasons, but primarily because they are the only agency with a specific minority adoption program. This was important to us...
Hi all! I wanted to share our joy-last week our gorgeous baby girl was born, and her even more amazing mommy placed her forever in our arms just 2 days later. We are loving our sweet little girl! If you want to read back, our adoption blog is here, and recent newborn pics of our beautiful girl are here
Remember me? I wanted to share our newest blessing with all of you...I hated leaving our birth board in August because of our loss, but we were blessed with our precious baby girl last week and cannot imagine life without her! I hope all of your pregnancies are going well!!! I'll stop back by in Feb/Mar to see your precious bundles! Here's my little bundle And her newborn photos from today
welcome! my kids are also 3 and 5 (turning 4 and 6 in the next month), and we are adopting domestically (open, transracial). We are currently matched to an amazing woman that is due in October. I have been working with a local LC that specializes in helping adoptive mother bf, and because I was able to bf my other two kids with great success, she feels confident that we'll do just fine. Congratulations on starting your journey! The application process/approved...
Oh Heather...I'm so sorry Limboland is so hard. I hate to hear that you started bleeding. If you want to pm, please do. I started bleeding thursday and friday everything passed. I'm happy to help or offer support if I can. Jen
Oooh! So fun! We are expecting our baby girl in October (transracial,domestic, open adoption) and I'm gearing up to start relactating now. This thread is super helpful! I also have a friend that is a LC who sent me two great links that I'll add at the bottom. It's interesting that the sites suggest birth control pills (Yasmin for 30-60 days nonstop) as well as domperidone. It just so happens that (very sadly) we have suffered a miscarriage, and I'm wondering if this...
I followed your story on adoption.com and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it! So glad to see you're on mothering! (I'm Dallas_Mommy there) she is so beautiful!!!
My dd is almost 6 and has had a vaginal adhesion for years. It was discovered at her 15 month check-up by our new pediatrician, so I don't know when she originally developed the adhesion. We were told to wait until she was 2, and the natural hormones would open it. That didn't happen, so she prescribed premarin. I never used it (it's been 4 years later and I still have the tube, LOL). Our pediatrician agrees that as long as she's not in pain or developing a UTI,...