or Connect

Posts by LovingBaby

That car seat looks pretty fancy!!  Too bad the extra bases are $100 each otherwise that would have totally tempted me!  
Val - We aren't going to find out the sex... I think it is more fun not finding out!!  (We found out with our second).  I hope you can find a way to get a vacation soon!  Must be sooo hard having her there all the time, too bad you couldn't arrange for a vacay - have other family members come stay with her???  :)   Mae14 - I wonder if they mainly had issues because it wasn't the midwife she knew to support her through and instead had some midwife she didn't know...
I'm almost 19 weeks!!  I meet with a new midwife tomorrow and pretty excited about that!  Then we have our big ultrasound next week!!  I have been feeling the baby a little bit lately, but its still so faint!   So I am still looking forward to those nice big kicks that get uncomfortable but you know baby is doing good in there!!  lol
I gained 50 lbs with my first two preganancies, and EBF for 5-6 months before solids and they didn't hit 20 lbs till they were around 12 months.  So I don't know if pregnancy weight gain really = baby weight gain.  Its probably genetics too. . . .     Oh and I tried very hard not to gain so much weight but it was like I was pre-programmed to gain that much.  (And it all came off VERY fast - at least within the first year)   I wish Drs would all take a better approach to...
I am glad that your DH goes with you to protect and support you!  Where I am you choose to see either a Dr OR a midwife.  If there is a need for a transfer for some reason the midwife should be there with you to give the Dr the information needed - and it is my understanding they stay with you for support in an emergency scenario?  Also, if there is something wrong that they transfer care to a Dr for some reason, the midwife would send your files ahead to the Dr.  So...
ActiveAlli - Is it the OB or the midwife giving you heck about your weight gain?  I would find a different health care provider.  I gained 50 lbs with my first two pregnancies, and I was with a Dr and she was laid back about the weight gain (Like really what pregnant woman wants to gain that much weight, she doesn't need her health care provider giving her heck for it).  It really worries me that especially since you had an eating disorder in the past, the last thing you...
Nicole - My nausea was like that in the beginning too, it felt like I was always eating!!  I guess just eat small portions...  I have gained 10 lbs so far, but most (8-9 lbs) of that was in the first trimester.  So maybe it will get better for you in a few weeks and you won't have to be eating 24/7 to feel normal.  lol   Amanda - I agree with Nicole.  I am sure you aren't their first to have a lot of questions/worry.  And its valid when you can't even eat/drink...
  Val- Yay for being able to feel baby!  I think I have felt a few little kicks or something too, but it is so faint and over before I really even notice it happening!!!  lol     Cathy Congrats on a girl!!  Sooo exciting!!!  (I don't know if I already said congrats)  I have been getting that urge to start getting the baby clothes out and the carriers, and the diapers and start filling the dresser for the baby.  I guess now that we are approaching the half...
Val its hard to find failry cheap maternity clothes unless you strike it rich in a used clothing store of sorts, or the clearance rack!!!  I got pretty lucky at the used clothing store this time around, so its definitely worth a try!     Good luck tomorrow Cathy!!!     I am back to night shifts tonight... bleh
Hi Everyone!!  I am so glad that someone made this thread here!  I was kind of sad that we didn't have one, and it was so hard to try to keep with the One thread when I was trying to get to know some people in my DDC (Which is like SOOOOO Huge!!)   Hello!  My name is Elizabeth, EDD Sept 14/11 after 7 months TTC with charting and OV strips.  This will be our third child (we are leaving the gender a surprise)   LOL!  I have like 2 and a half weeks till our 20 wk...