or Connect

Posts by Rachel727

"You said you didn't think it hurt when you suggested he pull it back & he wanted to stop.  Why do you think he's not telling you the truth?  It is his body; he knows best what hurts & what doesn't just like you know best what hurts you & what doesn't.  Our society is set on not trusting children.  It's bs.  He knows."     I don't think it did because I think he was annoyed I was trying to talk to him about it when he just wanted to play :)      
I have a 6 year old son who is intact.  I know when we initially did our research on whether or not to circ. everything always said that eventually the child would start trying to retract on their own and could then be taught how to wash himself...   Well he is 6.5years now and doesn't have much interest in even attempting to pull back his foreskin, just I encourage this to see if it will retract?   I honestly hadn't even thought about it until I was speacking...
Can you point me in the direction of the stickies? I'm not finding them and am wanting to reread information now that my son is 6 and I'm thinking he needs to know a little more... :)   Thank You!    
If you have a Safe Kids close to you you should check with them and see if they will pay in exchange for you volunteering at some checks.  Our Safe kids doesn't have any set amount (like the 12 listed above) and they want volunteers so there is a good chance they will pay.  I am in the process of recertifying and my Sake Kids is paying all those costs- and honestly with my schedule right now I don't volunteer that often.   I also have been able  to teach a car seat...
My son is in kindergarten now, so we are still deciding but most likely will be homeschooling next year.  It honestly, never crossed my mind until we started getting closer to school starting.  Once he started school I just started thinking there had to be a better way!  We live in a small town and a consolidated school district so he spends a long time on the bus (around 45-m1hr each way).  That's over 8.5hrs he's away from home each day!  And he's only 5!  I've spent...
I would not comment on the picture.  I have only sent one person a private message and it was because her 7 month old was FF I just sent a nice message and some links about RF safety.  If they were over age one I probably wouldn't send a message.  I post a lot of car seat safety info on facebook so i hope that someone learns something from it.  The woman I sent the message to sent a nice reply and thanked me for the info, then unfriended me :)  hopefully she at least...
How old is your baby?  The 45 degree angle is important for young babies to make sure they can breathe properly.  If they are older you can have it more upright.
Hi Jaimee! I live in the C-U area, also called Chambana by the local ;)  We are actually outside of town, trying to sell our house with the hopes to move to Urbana soon!  For more information on the schools and other general info I'd check out chambanamoms.com  it is a local blog/website done by two moms.  They have done a lot of posts lately on preschools, including the ones you've mentioned.  As far as where to live, Champaign, Urbana, and Savoy are all connected.  If...
A lot of times police officers and firefighters are well-meaning and want to help, but that doesn't mean they are CPS techs.  You should defiently try and find someone local who is a tech and can help you.  At a real car seat check they have you install the seat they don't do it for you so you will leave knowing how to do it.  That's how we are taught in training so I would be concerned anytime you go somehwere and they don't do this