or Connect

Posts by Mom2Brendan

He's 8 and 3rd grade
In the past my son always spoke positive about school now it negative talk and now I wonder with something that occurred in our neighborhood that maybe he is now self conscious,and embarrassed. He also used to enjoy to have me there but then when I shared information to his counselor maybe he is mad at me for doing that and embarrassed that I mentioned it to some at school as I wonder if I only kept the stuff to deal at home would things have been better at school and...
I did order a few books. The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child : Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries   Even the Eight Year Old one that was Recommended   I should recieve all those on Tues.    
He is signed up to see a counselor which won't be until next month and he even has a guidance counselor who gets mixed stories about him as he don't even share the truth so then I'm like how will he share the truth with the other counselor to me I still think he was sexually abused by that other friend even tho he says he wasn't even tho that former friend made him and other kids do things but he claims no touching occured but I still believe it probably did occur with...
An inbetween parenting not too permissive and not too controlling.   I was raised by a very overly controlling parent that I had no ability to speak for myself until I left to live with my son's dad . It was great to be able to be me and have my voice heard. I got to make some good friends when I lived in California.   Even tho Brendan dad turned out to be a dad that is no longer in our life since Brendan was 6 months old.   My rules are No playing in Street,...
That besides the mood swings.
Well, I do need to improve on getting him to sleep earlier and try and find some way to get homework done without a fuss . As long as we have a tv he don't touch his homework. He stays in at recess. to get it done or brings it home and still doesn't touch it. I try to turn off tv but that won't work because he will just turn it right back on so now I think I figured out an idea to do tv free and internet free time without completely losing it but those are major...
Read this book already How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk" it won't work for him.
I have time for books so what parenting books do you recommend and any that has advice for homework ? I don't know what his attitude is like whateva when it comes to homework had 12 days to do it and zippo
I get a 6 hr free Me time M-F when he's at school due to being a  SAHM.