or Connect

Posts by tangozulu

6 babies varied from 10 days early to 12 days late. No pattern I can see here - unfortunately! So starting at T-2 weeks I'm and hoping to have the baby...and knowing I will...sometime in the next 4 weeks!
a. WOHM of 5 (ages 19, 13, 8, 6 and 2).   b. We make a good income and should be able to save and give according to our goals. However, I've lost my grip the last few months and have some catching up to do (credit card balance, plus behind on savings and giving). Also helping DD19 with college expenses and generally have some high set expenses. Have a weekend get-away planned with DH this month that I want to pay via cash flow.   c. Stick to grocery budget/cook...
Have you tried baked oatmeal?
Laws vary by state, policies vary by company, etc. but general advice:   Put together summary of unacceptable behaviors with examples. Add WRITTEN 30/60/90 day goals with consequences for not making progress "up to termination of position".   Do an evaluation at the 30, 60 and 90 day marks. If she doesn't make progress, you could term her at any point. You have to define what acceptable progress is.   Be VERY direct with her. Make sure she understands that if...
Can you find the elements of your dream job in something higher paying? Does the dream job prepare you for more pay/promotion/etc. in the next couple of years? What makes it "dreamy"? Flex hours? Close to home? Job duties?
I don't have advice, but hang in there! Life with young toddler twins is challenging enough, then adding more kids during the day and the challenges of running the business...give yourself a break! Most of us working moms would say one of the pros is you get a little non-kid space during the day...you're DEFINITELY not getting that... Do you have anyone helping you during the day? Does your husband/partner help at night? Sounds like you need a break, and to figure out...
You got enough suggestions, certainly more than I could think of, but I thought I'd mention you seem like a really sweet person :)
If this were the first incident, it would be one thing. It isn't about the funeral, and quit second guessing yourself. I'd be interviewing candidates now.
I've done a lot of WFH and gotta say I agree with the others...what you're doing is both admirable and next to impossible.  I would definitely see if you can get care for the older ones (or work from your parents if your siblings are willing to help).  Handling the baby and work is plenty...and don't forget you need to take care of yourself, you're really recently PP and gearing up to be back at the office very soon.      A little child care help will also likely...
You've already gotten good advice, but here's mine anyway :)   Keep busy while you're there, and try to do something to pamper yourself (read a book, get a pedicure, go to bed early, go to the workout room at the hotel, take a walk, shop - whatever you enjoy).  Look at it as an opportunity to take care of yourself so you can be extra available to your DD when you get back!     Hang in there, 5 days is hard, I find the last couple of nights long when I have to be...