or Connect

Posts by wilddreamergrl

Thanks y'all. I think I've decided that we'll only get together at neutral locations - playgrounds, pools, etc. - where there are no toys to fight over and more space to share. We did that a few days ago and other than one "shove" it worked out well and everyone stayed happy. I think her son is having trouble coping with the move across country and is very anxious and overstimulated. But I don't want to let my son suffer the effects so until he settles down I will limit...
I have a ... situation ... I would like y'alls perspective on. A good friend of mine recently moved back to the area - she has a 21 month old son. My son is 27 months old. We've been getting together to hang out but the boys canNOT get along. My son is very easy-going, calm, and introverted. Her son is more rough and tumble, and extroverted. Okay, so big personality difference. But more than that, her son keeps hitting my son (or rather, trying to hit - I've started...
Thank you, cowkisses. That means the world to me. I think sometimes what I need more than anything is empathy - thank you for giving that to me today.   Jill1085 - thanks, I'll look into it.
Rebecca - I AM exhausted. But to imply that I just haven't tried to teach better sleep habits ignores almost everything I have said thus far. I cannot nurse all night. I'm not one of those lucky moms who can leave their boobs out and let their little ones latch on in their sleep and never really wake up. I wake up, fully. And since my son would like to stay latched all night, that is not an option. I get much more sleep now that we have nightweaned, even if it hasn't...
Greenlea - I've been very conflicted about the nightweaning, but it doesn't seem to have affected him during the daytime at all. He is still the same happy-go-lucky kid he always was. He does still nurse during the day - at least 6-8x. Before we nightweaned he nursed less during the day and more at night. I'd say he's nursing the same amount in a 24 period as he was before nightweaning.   We've tried epsom salt baths - don't help.   We've started him in our bed -...
Rebecca - way to NOT be encouraging or supportive. That was exactly the kind of answer I was hoping to avoid by posting here vs another mommy group. "Stop torturing yourself" is another way of saying "You're doing this to yourself" or "it's your fault." Frankly, you don't know my son. Sleep training techniques don't work on him. I've tried "pick up, put down." I've nightweaned. I've taught him how to fall asleep lying down on his bed by himself with no "props." The sleep...
My son is almost 19 months. For the first 4 months he slept pretty well - we had a bear of a time with bedtime, but once he was really down (about midnight) he'd consistently sleep for 6 hours.   Then the famed 4 month sleep regression hit, and we still haven't gotten over it. At his worst, he was waking up 10-12x a night (around 9 months.) I stopped nursing him every time and after some resistance his sleep improved to "only" waking 4-6x a night. We started trying...
Your son sounds like mine was at 9 months. We tried the No Cry Sleep Solution, and while various aspects of it did help, we are a not a success story. My son is almost 19 months old and still wakes up 4-6 times a night. (We are down from 10-12, though.) It is the hardest thing EVER, but I can't let my little one cry it out. I wish I had more encouragement to offer - but I can't really say it'll get better. What I CAN say is that the relationship you are building is worth...
First, the independence that attachment parenting fosters doesn't show up until much older. It takes TIME to build a secure attachment. Healthy independence does come from that, but not until the child is older. First there is a very necessary time period of complete dependence. That is as it should be! A 4 month old SHOULD BE completely dependent on you. Sure, some super chill babies sleep through the night at that age, nap easily, don't care if you're nearby - but...
Thank you all so much for your comments. It is nice to know I am not alone.   @GoddessKristie - he's never taken a pacifier, and I never pushed it. I agree he's comfort nursing all night but I don't know how to stop it. When we tried to space nighttime feedings 4 hours (getting him back to sleep by other means in between) it just didn't.work. He melted down every time. I nurse him as much as I can during the day but he is SO busy these days that he hardly stops...