or Connect

Posts by Dancerchic1981

I'm Pagan and my hubby is Christian. He isn't very spiritual though so no church or anything. My DD8 is very much interested in the different Pagan celebrations. We always celebrated Christmas and Easter and such, they're just differently named for me and not relating to God. We just openly raised them. We never incorporated one religion or the other. When they show interest, we explore. Otherwise, we don't push it. Around Christmas time and such, we do projects but...
Well DD met with the new ped. on Wednesday. She was shy and scared, but eventually warmed uup enough to play with him. Well, more like beside him. Looking at past doctor notes (and boy do we have a lot of those) and evaluating her himself (talking, playing) he said she is obviously developmentally delayed and would have no trouble at all getting us an appt. with the developmental physchologist.. He said she is in about the 3-4 age range developmentally wise. She speaks...
Well DD met with the new ped. on Wednesday. She was shy and scared, but eventually warmed uup enough to play with him. Well, more like beside him. Looking at past doctor notes (and boy do we have a lot of those) and evaluating her himself (talking, playing) he said she is obviously developmentally delayed and would have no trouble at all getting us an appt. with the developmental physchologist.. He said she is in about the 3-4 age range developmentally wise. She speaks...
I always had a lot of trouble leaving my kids with anyone, including my mother. DD1 never cared if we left and never really seemed to notice. She went through that attachment phase at 2 but otherwise didn't care. DD2 was ridiculously attached to me. I couldn't even go to the bathroom in my own home without her. Forget taking a shower alone. She is almost 6 and while she isn't that extreme anymore, she still hates being away too long. (She has developmental delays though...
My youngest DD is turning 6 a few days before Christmas, but has the mentality of a 3 to 4 year old due to delays so her gifts are a bit younger. 1.) We don't really limit amount of gifts. If I see something I know they'd enjoy I get it. 2.) With her, we decide about all gifts. We know what she likes. She'll point something out sometimes at the store but usually forgets later on. 3.) I get most things online. If i see something in a store they'dthey'd like I pick it up...
I don't have tots anymore but still have the same ideals. I wish it was only about an hour a day but at the moment it is more. They're 8 and almost 6. I have two newborn twins so TV is kind of a lifesaver right now. Some days we go with very limited amounts of TV because other more interesting things are going on. I homeschool so they're home all day. When they were tots, the TV was on maybe 2 hours a day but not more.
This is driving me nuts!!! I would like to and what I did the first few days was change one and then the other, feed them at the same time or almost the same time, and then put them both to sleep. I know this isn't how it always works but for the most part it went pretty smoothly. Ever since about Sunday though, I would change them both, and only Oliver would feed. Samuel refuses. So after I feed, burp, comfort and put Oliver to sleep thats when Samuel is ready. I'm really...
We met with the ped at the children's hospital. We explained up front that we expected our input to be listened to. After the initial meet and greet we spoke about our daugther specifically and what he thinks might be a good approach. He said he would recommend us to a developmental physcologist in the same hospital for our daugther to be evaluated. We set up an appt for him to meet with our daughter for tomorrow afternoon. He'll give his own evaluation and then recommend...
Thank you everyone. I was worried I might be bashed for not trying before. We've tried but our insurance was sucky. Now that we've got better insurance I can finally move forward with this. We are in the process of finding a new ped since all the ones we've seen think she is fine. I guess my new approach while talking to them will be ''I want answers now and won't take no for answer. You in or you out?'' That should help me weed out those who won't give me recs or take me...
I suppose it really depends where you live. In new england, winter temps are usually in the teens not counting wind chill. We just made sure at that age and even know that their feet, hands, ears, heads, and necks are properly covered and insulated.