or Connect

Posts by carepear

I think you two need to have a talk about responsibilities.  If she wants to be treated like an adult ie later curfew, she needs to act like an adult, ie pay bills.   At 17 I was attending college and had my own apartment and a job.  I paid all of my own expenses.   I think it is reasonable for her to not be treated like a child but you guys need to come to an understanding of where the line is.  And what acceptable behavior is.  She is pregnant and is now...
I'm nursing my 23 month old and am due Feb 1.  She is really really attached and any time we try to night wean it ends up being a disaster.   I've just learned to accept it and want to tandem nurse anyways.  Hopefully by the time the baby is here she will be night weaned but now is just not the time to try.
I've had BV once in my life.  It wasn't a big deal.  And all but one of my partners have been circumcised.    To me its not a valid trade off.
I never really considered NOT babywearing but as a first time mom with multiple sclerosis I knew it would come in handy.  I cannot fathom having to grocery shop or cook while holding a baby or infant car seat.  I have issues with weakness and balance so baby wearing has been a god send for me as I simply do not have the muscle strength to hold her for very long.  I know that she is safe and sound while strapped to my back and it distributes the weight in such a way that...
Hi ladies,  I just wanted to check in with the other mamas of skinny babies.  The kid just had her 1 year appt (at 13 months - I forgot!) and she weighed in at 16 lbs 1 oz.  I always say I'm not going to worry but in my mind I have an expectation of a specific weight and then when she doesn't hit that weight it stresses me out.  I just KNEW she was going to be at least 17 lbs.  As of now she is gaining less than 1 oz per week.   Any mamas out there with toddlers that...
I just want to put it out there that if you are having a hard time getting your kiddo to take a bottle to please take a moment and test your milk for lipase.  Just take a sip of what you are offering.  If it tastes like soap then you probably have excess lipase.   I've met multiple moms in real life who had this issue and it ended up being excess lipase.  I don't personally don't think its as rare as people say it is.
Alright, I haven't read all of the above posts so maybe this is already covered but what chart are you using? And do you have a pretty mobile/active 6 month old?   Also, you can get your milk tested for calorie count - I had mine and it was 23 cals an ounce.  The LC wasn't too keen on testing it because it she said baby would self regulate but it was easier for my husband to get that my milk was higher calorie than formula.  Have you done before/after weighs to...
Oh, its not your dog.  Then just keep calling animal control.  That's your only option.  They are jerks with a dangerous dog.  Don't feel bad about it.
I don't have time to read all the posts but wanted to comment...   Sadly, most breed rescues aren't going to take a dog that has a history of biting people.  Especially a pit rescue.  They are trying to home positive, stable dogs.  They cannot home a dog with a history of biting.  Its too big of a liability.  If the current owner isn't able to take responsibility for the dog then the only thing they can do it put the dog down.  I am living this situation.  I...
Posting just so I can remember to watch this thread.  I'm thinking of stopping cosleeping as well and need some tips.