or Connect

Posts by sageowl

Like the OP said, it sounds like he needs an attitude check. I'd be afraid to leave her alone with him...something bad could happen. Anger management or counseling is clearly needed here.
I feel more deeply connected to life in a way that's hard to explain. Parenting has made me slow down and appreciate each moment, and ignore things that just don't matter that I used to think were important. I'm much more spiritual now, as a result and apt to consider the long term effects of all my choices. Aside from all the personal growth, kids are just amazing...
I can confirm that neither contain iron.
Nope, I'm old school and believe strongly in titles/forms of address.
Your son sounds a lot like mine. He didn't talk to anyone other than me and DH until he was 3. Hes still hard to understand, but is talking a bit more now. In his case preschool DID help get him talking better. Like you, I worry a lot about what kindergarten is gonna look like...and whether it will work for him. But preschool HAS worked out pretty good so far, so maybe you'll have a similar experience.
I think MaggieLC is spot on...no contact is the best. The adult in question is clearly pathological, and change is unlikely. Probably better to create attractive alternatives to hanging out at her place, and explain to your son in whatever way that seems appropriate that she is not a safe person to be around...like a rattlesnake or poisonous spider.
I have moved 4 times in the past 3 years. The OPs tips are good. The only thing I would add is if you know you're planning to move, slowly phase out toys here and there so they don't all disappear at once, and definitely expect regressions on par with what you get with a new baby. Also if you can have a relative visit to help distract kiddo/s it helps a ton with getting things done...
Ds1 was not terribly enthusiastic about solids, so we proceeded slowly with him. Ds2 showed a lot of interest early on (4mos) but still had tongue thrust so we didn't start until around 6 mos and he's very into it most days. So you just never know...
Mine both seem to hate it with a passion, so I have never pushed it.
For most kids, the crying lasts maybe a couple of minutes, then it's over. A few kids are more sensitive and need much gentler transitions than the usual dropoff. A few kids really really struggle with transitions and do not accept alternate caregivers until they're a lot older/more independent. I think that generally, in the US, we push way too hard for early independence and early separation for children and I can't help but wonder what the fallout from that is.