or Connect

Posts by sageowl

I have moved 4 times in the past 3 years. The OPs tips are good. The only thing I would add is if you know you're planning to move, slowly phase out toys here and there so they don't all disappear at once, and definitely expect regressions on par with what you get with a new baby. Also if you can have a relative visit to help distract kiddo/s it helps a ton with getting things done...
Ds1 was not terribly enthusiastic about solids, so we proceeded slowly with him. Ds2 showed a lot of interest early on (4mos) but still had tongue thrust so we didn't start until around 6 mos and he's very into it most days. So you just never know...
Mine both seem to hate it with a passion, so I have never pushed it.
For most kids, the crying lasts maybe a couple of minutes, then it's over. A few kids are more sensitive and need much gentler transitions than the usual dropoff. A few kids really really struggle with transitions and do not accept alternate caregivers until they're a lot older/more independent. I think that generally, in the US, we push way too hard for early independence and early separation for children and I can't help but wonder what the fallout from that is.
Odds are pretty good that even if the baby sits up well and is super interested, there'd still be the tongue thrust happening...so I'd wait.
Two months is a tough stage...I remember having to walk my kids down to sleep at that age...as in going outside and walking for at least half an hour in the dark. Totally worked, plus it helped me get back in shape faster. Got a bit easier a few months later when that evening crying thing goes away on its own.
Couldn't resist responding -- this sounds just like my son, who is on the spectrum. He did/does a lot of the same stuff your daughter does. She definitely sounds like she has an ASD. now as far as how useful that label is, I had to get a label to access speech, so it IS useful if you find yourself needing OT or ABA, etc early on . If you're eventually doing public school, even if she's going to be in mainstream classes. It helps to have a dx so you can request simple...
I think going from carefree adult to parent was quite a shock. The second time around seems so much easier, but different spacing could change the experience greatly.
For what it's worth the archives on LLL are full of people talking about having the same problem... So I'm guessing the growth spurt that happens at four months is accompanied by what must be a normal pattern for EBF babies...a change in the growth curve, increased nursing, or both. At any rate, I have the same problem. Baby dropped lower on the growth chart And he wanted to eat more for about a week. The ped wasn't concerned and said he looked fine to her, so no talk...
So far based on your description, it sounds a bit like ODD (oppositional defiance disorder). If that's what it is, it's very challenging to deal with and you may need some outside resources/help.