or Connect

Posts by jksmith

Totally normal. It's prob a growth spurt as well as teething. Try increasing the amount of protein he eats during the day. Yogurt, eggs, meat...
Dry her bum with a hair dryer that has a low heat setting and give her diaper free time, like putting her down for naps on a changing pad covered with an old towel.  Change her frequently and try cloth diapers if you don't already. If you do cloth, make sure you wash the diapers in hot water and dry them on high heat to kill the yeast. If you have the yeast on your nipples then use the hair dryer for them too and wash your nursing pads and bras just like the diapers. And...
I feel the same way. My 11 month old has been the same way since he started teething at 5 1/2 months. A friend of mine has a baby the same age who is also breastfed on demand, baby led weaning, and part crib part co-sleeping, and he sleeps 10-12 hrs a night. I hate how people always blame the breastfeeding.   But last night I tried something new, and it seemed to work. I had been trying the method from the NCSS to get hm to stop associating sucking with sleep, but...
So I tried something new last night, and it seemed to work. Maybe it will work for you since our LOs are about the same age. I had been trying the method from the NCSS to get hm to stop associating sucking with sleep, but every time I would take the nipple out of his mouth it would jar him awake and he would get really mad and cry. I tried it over and over with no progress. So last night I changed the method a bit, I sat up in bed with my shirt open so he could breast...
I agree. I would totally just tough it out if I could continue to be a SAHM. But I have to go back to school in January and he will have to be able to fall asleep for people who can't breastfeed him : ) I have been working with the No Cry Sleep Solution for a bit now, and the ideas seem to be working. So you might want to give it a shot if you'd like a bit more rest.
  I've been going through the same thing for 5 months now... since he was 5 1/2 months old. The No-Cry Sleep Solution arrived today from amazon so hopefully it will have some answers for me!
here is my super cheap bean burger recipe:   1 can of beans rinsed and drained (of course you could use the same amount of dried beans, soaked and cooked too) 1 cup quick oats 1 egg (or substitute if you're vegan) 3 tbsp sauce (bbq, salsa, or anything you want) minced onions, garlic, and spice as desired   mix it up, let it sit for 10-30 min to soak up, then form into patties and pan fry or bake   you can make lots ahead of time and freeze them too,...
I use flats too, and they're great because the grow with your baby, and dry much faster. They're also really cheap or you can make them yourself with bargain bin flannel! I also like mother ease, bummies, and kushies covers. But pull-ons are cheaper if you don't mind using pins.
I don't have much advice for you other than, try to find a local support group, or least something you can do for yourself weekly to look forward to. Can you take a class, or join a bookclub, or just have lunch with friends? I know my anxiety/ depression was mild, but these are things that helped me. Reach out to the people around you, it's ok to ask for help. I know that I have trouble admitting that I can't do it all, we have to learn to let go of some responsiblity.
Breastfeeding is amazing. I did have sore nipples for a few weeks, but it was worth it in so many ways. It was everything I always thought it would be. I can feed my baby anywhere, anytime, with no preparation, and it's special connection with your LO. To be able comfort him, to watch him try to smile while he nurses and fall asleep full of warm milk... there's nothing better. I have baby sat for formula fed babies, and it is such a pain!   As for cloth diapers, I...