or Connect

Posts by SaraJaneM

yes yes, my thoughts exactly on weekends!! weekends will be sacred at a certain point, even if you manage to stay in a nontraditional set up-- not everyone else does and sometimes your and your kids' friends/family will only have time to get together on the weekends.
I am pretty against CIO, except for the occasional miracle child that it works on after a super short duration, as one of my friends' babies was. This is absolutely NOT the same as CIO. I leave my 26 month-old with caring professionals 3 days a week who cuddle her as she cries, and she is there with all of her little friends. CIO involves leaving a baby alone, sometimes terrified. Your little one will be just great! Every single time my daughter cries as I'm leaving, by...
Hello! Thanks so much for your reply, I was so sad that nobody wrote back. We are actually in the area now, we moved early. I am looking for either private or a center-- if a center I hope for accreditation. If private, like a home care place, I hope for excellent references. I am nervous thinking about putting baby in care, but also excited for her to hang out with other little ones! I appreciate any recommendations, and the closer to Marlboro the better, because driving...
Thanks! And congratulations to you on your new baby!! I just found one mom to a now 11 y.o. boy who bf for 3.5 years after surgery!! We plan to talk by phone soon, and I'll share what she says... I'm so excited!   I'd recommend to you, Masel, whenever possible, to put your babe to your breast as often as you can (maybe after pumping and after he's had some bottle to take the edge off) so he can lick/suck but is not hungry. I made the mistake of putting my girl on...
Helloooo! Family is moving to Brattleboro or Marlboro in August & momma is going back to work. Sad but exciting too. Looking for recommendations on great, affordable care for our amazing baby (who will be 13.5 months at move time). We practice attachment parenting to the best of our ability. Very interested in loving, fun, creative caregivers/teachers in a chill daycare or Waldorf-type situation, with non-competitive, non-violent type approaches... She would need to be...
My very social, happy, gentle baby girl was born 7/3/11, and is quickly becoming a toddler. We are in the process of moving to Marlboro, VT (from north/central VT after grad school in NYC) Does your little one want a new awesome friend? Reply to this thread, or send me a private message please. Thanks a lot!!!
Nothing, that's why I posted this... Hoping someone has done it. Baby has never nursed so it would be a new start. The nurse who organizes our cleft palate clinic has been doing this for like 20 years and knows of ONE mom who bf after surgery... She's going to see if she can get in touch w her but that was like 8+ years ago. If you wouldn't mind asking your friend about it I'd be grateful to speak w her. Thank you!
Hi! My 10 m.o. Is having surgery in a month to repair cleft soft palate and I want to bf so badly... Been pumping every day & she's so fat, happy, & healthy. Never had a drop of formula. We did skin to skin a lot the first six months and my breasts were her main "chair" but now she's so big and squirmy and she thinks they're toys. She bit me so hard the other night & I bled so much I thought my nipple might fall off. I want her to have my milk as long as possible... But...
Hi I know this is so old but if you're still out there... My 10 m.o. Is having surgery in a month to repair cleft soft palate and I want to bf so badly... Been pumping every day & she's so healthy. Never had a drop of formula. But I'm not willing to pump 3x/day for the next 1-3 years just to give her milk. Anyone out there have some stories? Advice? Can it be done? I just found this... But otherwise haven't read too much about this succeeding....