or Connect

Posts by Hillary77

Yes, Mummoth - born in '77! Very cool - and when is your due date? I'd say the biggest difference with this pregnancy is the number of people I will be sharing baby with! My partner is a very involved, engaged Daddy :) and the two girls 9 & 7 are also very actively interested in the whole process....we're a family of type A's. I'm sure that will present it's challenges but I'm very much looking forward to it - I was very isolated when my daughter was an infant - new...
Cool, Mummoth - my dd is 9 and step-dd is 7 so our kids are all the same ages! I'm due with this one Dec 29. Will your children be attending the birth? My girls are very excited and taking it all quite well. I can't imagine my dd being very OK with having a younger sibling as when she was littler - she needed a LOT. But all of a sudden - here's this incredibly  reasonable, polite, sweet 9 year old person! Are you at all daunted by taking on the baby/toddler years...
Hello Ladies,   I just wanted to post an update - I *finally* got my ultrasound today and saw the cutest little gummybear looking thing with a super strong heartbeat! I'm measuring exactly to the day according to my LMP, and couldn't be happier...especially after having been told (by an irresponsible and uninformed midwife) that I was miscarrying 2 weeks ago. I'm 8w4d and due date is December 29! Thank you soooo much to all of you for your support and knowledge. I'm...
Hey everyone,   Just popping in with some good news....   I've totally stopped spotting, etc. and was finally able to get in to my primary care doc, had another hcg, and it was over 82,000...from 32,000 last Thursday....which is a great sign. I will probably have an ultrasound next week, but it's VERY difficult getting in to see anyone...people on vacation, etc. At least now, I'm feeling really much more secure (with maybe a residual worry) about the health and...
You can find cramp bark in tincture form in many health food stores with a decent HABA section. Look for it as Viburnum or Cramp Bark....if that fails, look online :) Best, HIllary
APToddlerMama,   Hang in there, my sister had a lot of cramping in her pregnancy with her youngest boy - he's absolutely perfect.   Viburnum (cramp bark) is great for relaxing your uterus.... 15 drops tincture every 4-6 hours while cramping.   Best, Hillary    
Hello Mamas,   I'm reaching out for more information and hopefully some positive stories. I am 6w4d and have had a previous early miscarriage (in Dec.). I've had slight cramping and spotting with this pregnancy and have been seeing a hb midwife, who is not terribly reliable for information, unfortunately.  I suspect my previous loss was due to low progesterone and when I got my bfp I asked my midwife if she thought I should have my progesterone levels checked...
I just checked out the site you linked, APToddlerMama, and I have to say I am seriously peeved with my midwife's interpretation of my hcg and will absolutely change providers if this is a viable pregnancy. Thank you VERY much for your insight.
Hey Cat13! Nice to hear from a fellow Hilo Mama! I have a question for you - I've been having issues with this pregnancy (it's quite early - 6 weeks) spotting, etc. I'm needing to see someone for an ultrasound and don't want to drive all the way to Waimea but I'm not familiar with any OB's in town - who do you see? PM me if you like.   Hope you settle into Hilo nicely :)   Hillary
AP ToddlerMama,   Thanks so much for your input, I've looked at other sorces of info on Hcg and they seem to confirm that ultrasound is the most reliable assessment of viability at this stage of pregnancy. I am holding off on stopping the NPC, and will schedule an ultrasound for this coming week. I'm new here - in small town Hawaii - and have yet to be seen at my official primary care person's practice. I'm pretty sure they'll make me do a pregnancy test before...