or Connect

Posts by Hillary77

Hmmm,well yes, I am 6 weeks 2 days. I am still having spotting here and there, no cramping. I just don't "feel" pregnant anymore, though.   Of course, I'm curious about the hcg not doubling as fast when it gets higher...but from 22,000 to just 32,000 in 4 days? That seems very slow. Are there any other opinions on this? I stopped the NPC yesterday thinking I will have a withdrawal bleed but haven't yet and now I'm worried I'm jumping the gun. I wish it were...
Hey Ladies,     I just had it confirmed that my hcg #'s are not rising any where near what they should be in a viable pregnancy - 22,000 on Monday to 32,000 on Thursday. I am sad but feel more and more empowered to listen to myself and my body first, before any health expert, etc. My midwife was great in acknowledging we should have been more proactive from the beginning (when I suggested more heavy progesterone supplementation). I'm very glad she acknowledged...
Aloha Fairy,   I live in Hilo and am seeing the most renowned local homebirth midwife,who also is an ND. There are other homebirth midwives on-Island but I've heard mixed reviews. There is a birth center many people like in Waimea, about 1 1/2 hrs. away from Hilo. My read on the climate is - the homebirth midwives on the BIg Island operate very independently. Whereas, when I lived in Maine and had a homebirth with my DD, I knew my midwife had a decent relationship...
I will get another hcg level taken Thursday and if that is ok - an ultrasound next week. I'm seeing an ND homebirth midwife but will see if all of my needs can get met there - if not, I may hop around a bit then go back to her for the birth. Also planning a progesterone level check, but for now I'm not having any bleeding or cramping on the NPC. When I was 24 and pregnant with my daughter I had some spotting right around 6 weeks too...of course I didn't think for a...
Thanks ladies, though I may not be out! I'm a little over-reactive since my last loss. I had betas drawn and they were 22,000 at 5w4d.I will go again on Thursday. The spotting and cramping have completely stopped. My boobies are swollen again...but this could be from the progesterone cream.    Worried about a couple of things: 1 - when I was spotting it looked like little flecks of uterine lining....wondering if that's "too far gone". 2 - my belly feels a little less...
Thank You Cindy - I am definitely miscarrying...and I'm sure I'm low on progesterone too - I did a saliva hormone panel 2 months ago that confirmed that. Why my naturopath recommended against progesterone supplementation is beyond me....I really should have listened to myself on this one. But I was feeling very pregnant! Tons of symptoms, good temps, etc.Then - not at all.   Thank you for recommending the prometrium suppositories! I'm hoping I can get a prescription...
Thank you, WaturMama! That is a very sweet blessing.   My gut feeling on this is...I'm miscarrying. My breasts ave gone from very swollen and firm to not so much at all. There's not much spotting, but what there is looks like little flecks of uterine lining.   I've been seeing a naturopath/midwife and asked if she thought I should start progesterone cream for this pregnancy but she said she thought the vitex I was taking should be enough to maintain levels. I...
that's *cramping
Hi Everyone,   I have a recent, 5w miscarriage and am pregnant again at 5w2d...today I had what feels like a lessening of symptoms (less full/sore bbs), more cramoinng, and a teeny weeny amount of tan cervical mucus when I wiped. I am taking vitex and just started progesterone cream and cramp bark...and I'm pretty worried. I've had one successful pregnancy (9 yr old DD),but that was a long time ago! I'm afraid I'm not making the hormones in the right amount these...
Same here!   My dd has the vasovagel reflex...first time "pulling up" in the kitchen on a chair (about 8 months old) she fell backward and bonked her head - not too hard - on the linoleum floor. She sucked in a huge breath, let out a brief wail, shuddered a couple of times, and passed out! I was so scared! Also, she was exhausted after the episode and nursed to sleep right away. But I knew she hadn't hit her head hard enough for any trauma. So I watched her for signs...