or Connect

Posts by Hillary77

This may not be something you can do right away but I nightweaned my dd around the same age when she had a cold - she was too stuffy to nurse back to sleep and I took the opportunity to "run with it" - when she was feeling better I told her "no nursies till the sun comes up" and offered her ricemilk in a sippy cup. I think it took two nights of a couple of wake-ups and resettles. And then she and I were sleeping through the night! I thought it would never happen. Good luck...
I m just now remembering there was a stage I had a long repetetive story memorized that I would quietly and ssllooooowwwwly tell her to help her to go to sleep. I don't remember how old she was but I think right around your dd's age.
My dd would do this occasionally starting at around 9 m old if she had a scare...usually a fall when I wasn't riight there to catch her or make reassuring eye contact. The last time it happened was when she was around 6 and had a cut that was bleeding. Since then she has had falls scares & cuts but no sleep episodes. There were maybe 15 or so during those 6 years. She is a great bright kid. I suspect her nervous system was a bit immature. Incidentally her Dad (my XH) had...
Wow, OP it sounds like she is really wired! And maybe even more stubborn than my DD!   Have you tried the "CALM" magnesium supplement? Maybe trying some foods and supplements conducive to relaxation would help? Oatmeal before bed, b vitamins (during the day) and magnesium at night?    She may be in a cycle of adrenaline-as-energy and the sooner you can break through that and get her some rest it may help with the "habit" of staying awake.   But do what you...
Having been in this woman's position before I would 1) give her 4-6 weeks notice 2) write her a glowing recommendation (if she has earned it, of course) and 3) put the word out with friends etc.
What are the things that are downstairs that help her feel relaxed enough to fall asleep? Can you recreate any of that feeling in her room? I'm a fan of "whatever works" and thinking out-of-the-box has often saved me. Can you make her bed like a couch? Does she need a video to fall asleep? (seriously, this would not be my first choice either but certainly better than huge struggles every single night). Something PBSish like Kipper could be soothing. It sounds like maybe...
3 yr old bedtimes are really hard IME!   Here's what worked with my dd at that age (now 10 yrs old, great sleeper):   Before bed = potty, water, snack offered, favorite stuffy etc.   I would lay down with her but she had to have eyes closed, be "still", and in bed, making no noise. If she didn't follow those rules, I'd get up.    One time...she followed all my rules but put her arms straight up in the air so she wouldn't fall asleep! I had to add that one...
Thank you so much for the feedback, ladies.   The teacher doesn't have any organization methods in place for the class but I do for DD. She has a binder with folders labeled "to turn in at school", "to bring home", "working on", "saving". She still rather frequently puts things in the wrong slot and forgets to turn things in to me or teacher or simply loses them in her desk or other places before they even make it into the folders, which I have to supervise her...