or Connect

Posts by Hillary77

Does she seem to want to suck more than her need for nursing? Luca takes a paci and it helps with him sleeping longer for naps. I don't use it all the time with him, and usually when he's in arms anyway. It sounds to me like Tenley could use more sleep and that is why she is fussy. Especially at night, when she starts fussing around 5:30 - have you tried getting her to bed around then? The only semblance of schedule we really have is a morning "routine" that is...
Have you seen this site, Mammamo? http://www.wholewoman.com/   It is a really beautiful and informative site for women with prolapse issues. I never knew how common this is! I have a pretty mild rectocele post-birth with Luca. I work as a produce department manager at a health food store and was lifting very heavy things pretty far into my pregnancy...I didn't realize how it could affect me, but I think that's when I compromised my pelvic floor.    This site has...
I love this post :) it sounds like you really appreciate him. My DP was unemployed (he's a professor) and recently divorced from a really needy and boundary-less woman when we first got together. And I had a roommate with brain cancer I was caring for. It was hard to get through the early stages of our relationship because our lives were so stressful. But we really liked each other and now he's employed and we live in Hawaii! And the good times are definitely appreciated.  
It seems Luca and I are reaching some "developmental milestones" a bit early this week. He is definitely teething. The whole face-rubbing, painful sucking, not sleeping, drooly, gumming, kit-n-caboodle! My dd cut her first two at 3 months and had 8 teeth by 6 months old. Luca will be 8 weeks on Saturday. I have no idea when they will pop through but I can tell they're close to the surface. He used to be such a great sleeper. Now I'm sooooo tired :( Anyone else with early...
  Very smart, Mummoth. Yes, everything in writing.   My ex is a "nice" guy who has still been terribly confused at times about where his responsibilities to our daughter lie. Like - thinking it's ok to take "breaks" from paying child support in order to travel. So, we had a very loosey-goosey arrangement and then I ended up hiring a lawyer to get a decent legal (binding) agreement. Which he still occasionally tries to wiggle out of. He moved from where we were in VT to OR...
I found everyone and the group :)   Mummoth I'm sorry you have to entrust your kids with people you aren't amicable, that must be very nerve-wracking. I'm very thankful for my ex's parents and they just love my dd to pieces. Grandma (Baba) even made a quilt for Luca...*not* her Grandson! The best you can do is give your kids - esp. since they're older - the tools they'd need for whatever they will encounter with the ex's family! 
I can't find the group on FB, and Mummoth, you are searchable but there's no way to friend request you?   Up at 5:30 am on Sunday :) ahhhh the life.
I'd love to connect on FB, I'm Hillary Washburn.
it sounds like you are on the right track :)   my dd watched LESS tv/movies with the tickets and was more satisfied with a smaller amount - I think by virtue of her having some control over the process...it was really great.   good luck to you!
I would recommend planning ahead bringing snacks, books and also having realistic (low) expectations of shopping anywhere with a 2 1/2 yr old! My dd still spent time in the sling at that age. I felt that it helped her regulate herself and stay calm longer through the day if she had some real physical tune-in-with-Mommy time in the sling. I have a Maya Wrap and so could adjust the top fabric very snug and stuff her arms down in just like a little toddler straight-jacket...