or Connect

Posts by gingergrltea

Is there any good links to the benefits of breastfeeding protection? If a person breastfeed for 2 months or 4 months only would that child have benefits in the future to illness or allergies?
My LO has 2 months shots coming up I am breastfeeding....... I have read your book but wondering how to get the vitamin A,and C in baby through my BM?   My 5 year old is going to get the MMR...... My child had to have a penicillin ingection 2 weeks ago due to strep. We travel and want to be safe. SO I plan on getting this when baby gets shots. I usually give older child Carlsons cod liver oil or fish oil. Child loves sodium asorbate will eat it off the...
I live in a house where two kids go to daycare they are my step children so we have no choice in the matter.   Last year I got sick with everything they would bring home not fun........With having a new baby in the home would you recomend me getting a flu shot? I want to breastfeed. Is there a mercury free brand?   I also have a 4 year old that I would like to get as well........ Would I do a flumist or shot? I just don't want the mist spreading to the...
Could you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? I was small at one time got pregnant with my second gained some weight while breastfeeding. I had the huge tummy was asked all the time when the baby was due. Finally went to the dr,and got diagnosed with PCOS,and insulin resistant.   Anyhow cut out all carbs,and fruit except blueberries. I ate lots of meat,and veggies.Stuck to stevia.Ate lots of cinnanamon. Drink lots of green tea,and brown rice protien powder,and...
Hello Dr Sears.   I have two childered that I both tested neg with. This baby on the way I tested positive for having group b strep. I have taken lots of antibiotics for sinus infections this pregnancy. I am very worried about the effects this will have on the baby,and the effects of having to have the IV antibiotics during labor.   I am allergic to penicillin so I am guessing I will be giving clyndimicyn.   Will the baby grow up with problems like allergies,...
I am in my last few months of pregnancy. I am so stressed not like oh I lost my job the kids are running around kind. its major stress, to the point I am depressed, I hate my significant other he is emotionally abusive. I have gestational diabietes,I am taking synthroid. I am worried my daughter is going to be messed up from this. I cry every night fight with a typical man. Its all so stressful.   I was taking fish oil with my other pregnany's this one I have not as...
Green tea. I loved the green tea hp sold at the mall. Probiotics,I took one from GNC probiotic 25 in a powder form taste like popcorn. As crazy as this sounds,and its hard at first but if you cut out the sugar,and carbs give it a week. You will get some migraines,and such keep going. Eat LOTS OF FAT. Avacodos,butter,whole milk,whole eggs,olive oil,coconut oil......I lost 50 lbs doing this without exercise.With your walking it will fall off fast.It took me about 10 months...
Thank you for the tips =). I Never thought to contact LLL. I will be doing that. I just don't need a nurse on a power trip telling me what to feed my baby. One of my other kids had jandaice,they accused it of being my fault for breastfeeding. Wish I was brave enough to have a home birth.
I have seen two drs the first wanted me to take Humulin N insulin catagory B   The second dr. said to take Lantus catagory C   The second dr said the humulin was out dated,and the stuff didn't work,and I would need Lantus as it works better.He also wants me to take Metformin.He said Metformin was safer then the lantus but to take them together.   What would your honest opinion be for my baby? I am 29 weeks pregnant. 
I have not had baby yet. I have Gestational Diabetes. I am worried that I will have a C section,and my milk will come in later,or my baby will have low blood sugar or be jaundaced.     Now I am all for breastfeeding bfed my second child for 2 years. I need to know what do I do if the nurses say your child needs formula to get the blood sugar up? Please tell me there is a way out of it....I do not want to formula feed.I think it is very importaint to start on the...