or Connect

Posts by time4latte

My baby was doing ok and flipped head down for a while and then about 2-3 weeks ago flipped into frank breech. Since then I've been doing a ton of tailor sitting and spending hours sitting on a birth ball to open up the pelvis. That was all while taking the CLC course. I was very happy when one of the Healthy Children's Project faculty suggested I bring in a birth ball to sit on - 9 hours a day was a long time just sitting!! Anyways, one night I felt DS2 move into...
I had my 34 week prenatal appt today. Sometimes I have fun trying to figure out where butt, legs, arms, etc. are. Yesterday, I felt two hard lumps as if the baby went transverse. I mentioned it to my midwife and she confirmed that the baby is back in breech presentation, frank breech to be more specific.   Any one else dealing with this and/or have any suggestions on how to get this baby head down again?
I took two community based belly dancing classes before my first was born. I loved doing the hip circles in the early stages of active labor!  I found the movements calming and graceful. They even allowed me to focus on working with my baby towards getting into position for delivery after AROM. My husband even took a short video clip of me doing this in the hospital hallway. When I view it I think my form was really good, even though it didn't seem like it at the time. ...
I just brought this issue up to my midwife at my last prenatal. Having two pillows between my legs at night is a huge help. She also suggested 1000 - 2000 mg of magnesium to be taken in addition to my regular prenatal and making sure to do stretches. It's from being in one position for too long. I knew she was right about that because when I actually get a nap I don't have any of the hip pain. I've also made sure to support my belly with my hand when ever I roll over....
Ok, well I've had to start using it. It's just getting to those normal third trimester complaints that I refuse to complain about because there's nothing horribly wrong, it's just uncomfortable. It's all a mind game anyways..... The Earth Mama Bottom Balm is more cooling and more soothing and when coupled with a sitz bath, or heck a good deep tub soak, does the trick. I can't tell you how much better I feel down there and the rectal bleeding has stopped. Way better than...
So what happens if God forbid you need an emergency c/s? No anethesia for the surgery because you don't have a regular doc? I bet if someone came in with a heart attack and no regular cardiologist they'd be required to give treatment. I agree with the others, that just doesn't sound right to me.
Trust me on this one - stick the Tucks pads in the fridge if possible. After DS1 was born I dealt with them and she prescribed me a steroidal creme to help with the swelling in addition to the witch-hazel wipes, rather than telling me to buy one OTC. She said the OTC cremes contain mercury and since I had just spent over 9 months avoiding unnecessary chemicals the prescription would be better. This time around I have a small jar of Earth Mama Bottom Balm, which I haven't...
This will be ds2 for us. With ds1 our family and friends threw us a shower and we saved just about everything. However, there are some things that we will need more of (cloth diapers), just need to replace (infant car seat) or for that matter things that we will need with two that we didn't need with one (a double stroller for next summer, because he just gets to hot to babywear for my taste). We relocated last fall and there are two groups of women that will be at a...
Sounds like your mom and my MIL had similar experiences. I've posted elsewhere about her negative comments about how there must be something wrong during my pregnancy have lead me to make the decision not to talk or communicate with her this pregnancy. I feel like I learned my lesson last time.    
I get comments like that all the time and I know a bunch of other pregnant women that I'm compared to. I usually retort with my midwife said .... and give them info about how healthy I am and that there are no concerns, and then let them know big babies just run in our family. Most of the time the facts actually work. Unless it was my usually very supportive mother who over the holiday I actually had to tell her to "LAY OFF the twin comments."  It was getting to me...