or Connect

Posts by time4latte

I would really recommend the Hygeia pumps over others. These are the ones that our state's WIC program issues to mom's who need a pump. They are meant for multi user and have been tested with leaving the pump going continuously for 8 months, meaning it should last ten years with regular use. They also use a piston system which is more efficient than a diaphram system. They are easy to use, and are set up to record up to a minute of your baby's cry (which can help with...
We registered for the Graco Snug Ride 35 after looking at a bunch. We love our Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 convertible that we used for DS1. But last October we changed vehicles. It won't fit rear facing in the car we have now, so our only choice is to get an infant seat that will fit for at least a year. If this boy is anything like his brother he'll be 31 inches by 12 months, which means we have to get the larger infant seat. It kind of sucks because our insurance gives out...
Oops... forgot the link to Rita's Rump Pockets ...  http://handmadebyrita.blogspot.com/2007/10/classic-rrp-ritas-rump-pocket-pattern.html
I'll echo that using Bummis brand products are great, organic and inexpensive to get started. The Super Whisper Wraps are also designed to withstand regular use in a high heat commercial dryer. This is what a friend gave me and got me started in cloth diapering. It was perfect to start out. Once we started getting out of the house more I preferred a pocket style diaper because it was easier to get on and off in a public restroom (so we could be in and out). I LOVE my...
Glad to hear the good news. It's not something I've experienced, but maybe picking up some crochet or knitting? I crochet and I would probably use some of that time making hats, booties, buntings, sweaters, wool longies, blankets ... make a couple of different sizes and if you're just learning it would keep the brain occupied. You can order yarns, hooks, a darning needle, patterns (although I've been able to find a ton of free ones at...
Ick. I really didn't want to think about this but I am meeting with my doula next week and we will be discussing the birth plan then. Anyone done or have a sample as to how they've written what I'd rather call the "when the s**t hits the fan" section of the birth plan?    I'm birthing with a highly respected CNM with an extremely low c/s rate in a baby friendly certified hospital that also has the lowest c/s rate in the state, but like a friend of mine whose first...
With my last pregnancy I shaved right up to my induction. This time around I haven't had any problems yet with my legs. One key in shaving your legs (I only shave knees down) is if you have any muscle tone, make sure you aren't getting the razor caught in any ridges, which is easy to see if you just prop your leg up on the side of the tub while you shower. No problems with underarms, but the bikini line ... that has taken some creativity.
Great question. I've been contemplating that myself...
My MIL who is visiting for the first time since I've been visibly pregnant said, "I'm concerned [about how big you are]." I responded by saying that unless my midwife was concerned, I'm not going to be. What I really felt like saying was, shut up Ms. Negative Nelly, just because you had three highly complicated pregnancies and one miscarriage doesn't mean every other woman is going to experience the same horrible (and it's been evident that her pregnancy with my husband...
babynicholastoby - I think I'm going to approach my midwife about it again at the next visit. She talks to pregnant women all the time, maybe she's got a few replies up her sleeve that I don't know about. A doula might be a good person to ask about that too.