or Connect

Posts by praha

Hi, everyone!  I've been lurking since I found out I was pregnant, but I should really get it together and introduce myself.  I had 3 losses in the eight months preceding this pregnancy (11w, 9w, and 4w) and so I was pretty cautious about joining in.  At this point, however, I'm well into the second trimester (23 weeks!) and I'm working to shed my residual fear and focus on our happiness and excitement.  (And bond with this baby, who's going to stick and be born and live...
 to Monkey, Milkshake, cbaa, and Lilmom.  I hope you all keep feeling welcomed and loved here.  Reading your posts has reminded me of a run-in I recently had with my husband.  The minutiae are really too minute to explain here -- but I said something I intended to be encouraging, and instead it hurt his feelings.  We've gotten through it now, but at the time it felt really awful on both sides.  I'm honestly not sure when I felt so "bad" in the relationship.  Rationally: ...
Milkshake:  I was so delighted to hear about your ultrasound.  The heartbeat sounds perfect.  I think you're right about the dates/implantation.  Awesome, awesome, awesome.   Sol y Paz:  Welcome!   LTB:  It's wonderful to read about you being busy with a baby.  The little one is so lucky to have you right now.   Monkeyscience:  Sorry to hear that your dinner rolls didn't work out.  Last year I found a super-duper easy, failproof bread recipe that gets lots of...
Actually, yes -- this one feels different from the two clinical pregnancies I had earlier this year (and maybe more like the one with my daughter?) -- in that I don't really have sore boobs or nipples (even though I'm on progesterone).  I do have dull backache and also some joint pain from my ligaments loosening.  I tend to desperately wish symptoms upon myself -- thinking they signify that the pregnancy is "stronger," but I know that's not really true.  With my first...
Milk8shake:  Wow, I'm so sorry you ended up going to the ER.  It sounds very stressful.  But you've got a sweet baby in there with a heartbeat and everything!  You know we all have our fingers not only crossed, but practically knotted up for you.     Yeah, "MTHFR" is only a step away from an acronym which sums up how I feel about recurrent miscarriage.  DH and I now use the word you're thinking of when referring to our infertility, as in "Now that we're treating the...
Name:  Shannon Age:  38 dh/dp's name/age?:  John, 41 Time TTC?:  11 months (but baby-hungry for many years before that) Ever seen a BFP (outside of trigger shots?): I'm on my 5th pregnancy Kids? (ages, genders, whatever):  14 year old daughter -- the best thing in my life Any angel babies?:  3: 1/11, 4/11, and 7/11 If IF were not part of your life, how many kids would you have?:  probably two; I'd love more if we could manage financially IF diagnosis: ...
Monkeyscience et al.:  Interesting regarding the male vs. female doctor issue.  I have a male RE, who has done some exams and procedures including my HSG and endometrial biopsy -- his maleness hasn't bothered me so much, maybe because he's so quick and brusque there's no time to think about my "parts" hanging out there. . . .  But my DH has repeatedly pointed out that the RE looks like Jack Nicholson -- and for some reason that really increases the creepiness factor for...
Milk8shake -- wow, that is fantastic news!  Congratulations!  I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you.  Seconding Monkeyscience:  are you trying any new protocols/treatment plans?    CBAA2010:  also have my fingers crossed that the Clomid does good things.   AFM:  since my last update, I tried a new RE who was much more in tune with the whole "immunological" approach to recurrent miscarriages.  I felt super positive because he was listening to all of my...
Enigo -- I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.  We're always told that "HPT's are qualitative, not quantitative" and "a line is a line."  But having been through three losses, one very early. . . well. . . it's not that simple.    I'm still rooting for you -- one fainter test doesn't mean it's over -- but I also hear your worry and exhaustion and understand it's justified.  Please take good care of yourself.  I hope you get some "hard numbers" soon.
Congratulations, Enigo. I have my fingers crossed for you.   Milk8Shake:  I checked my charts, and after my second miscarriage, I had a beta HCG of 13.6 30 days post-miscarriage.  FRERs would definitely look positive even with only that much HCG.  I didn't do another blood draw for two weeks, and by that time it was negative. My guess is that you still have old HCG in your system.  I'm thinking of you.