or Connect

Posts by praha

Hi, Enigo:  The Femara helps you produce multiple (and theoretically "stronger") eggs.  The Ovidrel helps you release all of them.  Without Ovidrel, you'd still only release a single egg. Releasing multiple eggs ups the odds that one will fertilize, and implant -- and stick. It also increases the amount of progesterone your body may pump out, because you'd have more than one corpus luteum.   Also, the follicles from unreleased eggs could possibly develop into cysts...
Oh, Milk8Shake -- I'm so very sorry.
I tried to post this yesterday, but got a message saying that because I was new, my message needed to be moderated.  It still hasn't shown up, so I'll try this again. . . .   Quote: Originally Posted by Milk8shake AFAIK, the NKC testing is pretty rare, and not really indicated unless you have a number of symptoms pointing to it, because it is fairly invasive - uterine biopsy. I definitely have looked at having it done, and spoken to a bunch of docs regarding...
I am not on antibiotics, although I did ask about them for ureaplasma and mycoplasma.  At the time, my RE did not want to test or treat for either of them.  I plan to bring it up again if I'm pregnant this time.  Do empirical antibiotics help with anything besides ureaplasma and mycoplasma?   I am on the following medications: Femara (CD 3-7) Ovidrel trigger to induce "robust" ovulation Metformin (1000mg/day) Levothyroxin (75mcg/day) FABB Tablets (like Folgard)...
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!   Milk8shake:  I've been following your posts closely, in part because of your previous experience with miscarriage.  I'm sorry to hear about your spotting and hope it goes away ASAP!  It sounds like you're handling it very well, but it must be stressful.   Enigo:  Interesting about your natural killer cell testing.  Did your doctor recommend any strategy to address the problem?  I need to check my own records to see if I've...
Hi, everyone -- could I be added to the list?  (praha - waiting since 2004; TTC since 10/10; losses 1/11, 4/11, and 7/11)   I'm a long-time lurker (since last year!) finally coming out of the woodwork.  I feel like I've reached my breaking point in terms of anger and despair and I need to reach out to others in similar situations.  I am 38, my husband is 41.  We've been married since 2004.  I have a wonderful, kick-ass 13-year-old daughter from my first marriage.  DH...