or Connect

Posts by CatDeliaS

Hello! I am "doing" The Artist's Way... I have been working on it for a while now, unfortunately, it takes me longer than one week at this point to get through each one. I fight the Morning Pages as well, even though I am a writer! I find the process pretty inspiring at this point. Cameron is a very supportive guide... there is so much nepotism in the writing world today. Everyone knows someone, and you cannot be a "real" writer unless you have been published 30 or...
This is a very interesting topic...thanks for posting it! I, too, have a daughter and a son, and am concerned about their views on the roles of men and women. I am not "working" full-time right now, so that I can be home with my children each day. If "mom" can carve out some space in her life for her own interests, she is less at risk of being viewed in only "one way". I believe it is in the best interest of my children for them to see that I have other pursuits...
I turned twenty-one a month before my daughter was born, and was twenty-four for my son. First pregnancy, ALL of our friends were in the "college" lifestyle and thought we were crazy! By the time ds was born, a few had married, and one other couple started a family...but, most still are single even now. I enjoy being a younger mother... I love being with both "mom's" I know and my single friends. I feel like I've the best of both right now!
Thank all of you for sharing your thoughts on this particular subject! I (like some others) am already past the point of considering whether or not to have more than one child... for me, it has been having three or not that tortures me. I have read all the books about having "only" one child, and even some about having none at all--just to get a sense of why I am so conflicted on this issue. I love being a mother to my dd and ds, but I also have concerns with regard to...
"Nine years old" does seem to be one that comes up often for many people. My niece is nearly ten, and she is experiencing so much of what is being described. I can't help but wonder, though, if it really is hormonal for these young girls, or if it has to do with the culture we're living in? If you look at the clothing stores targeted to this age group, you see outfits that are the same as the ones in the women's! One I've been in even has a section devoted to...
I did read this book about two years ago (when I was pregnant with my son). I agree that it was a very powerful story and very well-written. With the author, being a Harvard post-grad student, I unfairly thought that she may approach the subject in a linear way. She doesn't...this book is like sitting down with a close friend and listening to her explain how she journeyed through a difficult time as a mother. It gave me a new perspective on what it might be like to...
Thanks for such a diverse group of viewpoints on this topic. I won't know what we'll do for quite a while with regard to our family, but it has been interesting to see the multitude of approaches! I know that decisions regarding family size are idiosyncratic at best, it just seems like such an important topic to me. Some people know they want large families from their earliest days together...others wind up with them by circumstance... there are those who hope for them...
Hello everyone! I'm glad to be a new member... In looking through the threads, I didnt notice anyone addressing my exact question, so here it is. How have you decided how large or small a family you now have? We are parenting two beautiful kids now, but I sometimes think about a third child. When I do, issues of money, my other children's feelings, environmental impact of many children, time constraints, etc. make me feel overwhelmed! Any ideas on making peace with...