or Connect

Posts by HawaiianBlesing

Here are a few from a recent trip to San Diego     First time on the grass.      Ready to go watch the soccer game   Watching the sunset with daddy     Coranado Beach.  The water was freezing but daddy couldn't resist.  Sorry for the penis shot but when I edited it it made him look like a girl.  Not a super close up so hopefully no one is offended. 
I usually stay on West Coast time when I go back East.  It's just easier for me and I think it will be easier for DS too.  We are headed back for only 15 days though.  
Rafe will laugh too when I tell him not to bite etc.  He stops, looks up and smiles.  We try not to use the word "no" too much and find other ways to "correct" him from pulling off DH's glasses.  His latest deal is that he's on a bottle strike.  He's so dang independent that he "chooses" what can and can't go into his mouth.  Some days getting teething tablets in is such a chore, others he just opens up and is like "yes please."  My MIL had him today and I suggested that...
Carrie, have you tried putting parchment paper in the bottom?  Works like a charm for me.
I don't know if this will harm it but you can freeze it and check it in a cooler.  I have taken frozen food across the country with me when I travel.  I just bring a cooler that is taped shut. Raw milk is so much better because the human body is designed to digest cow's milk that is 24 hours old or less. My dad was a dairy farmer and growing up we drank milk that came right out of the tank.  When I was 13, my parents divorced and we were forced to buy store bought...
Most of our stuff was given to us so if we didn't use it, it wasn't a total waste.   What I loved/used the most   wraps and carriers:  bali breeze woven, it was nice for the early days, mei tai, ergo.  We have a storch that doesn't get used that much.  Long sleeve onsies now that it's cold.  I too love putting them under a T-shirt.  Makes me feel like I have so many more option. Cloth diapes & wipes:  We use mostly pre-folds but are getting into the fitteds...
The risk for choking is greater with purees due to the fact that by the time they get to solid foods, their gag reflex has moved further back in their throats.  With BLW, they learn to manage what can and can't fit into their mouths and what they can comfortably gum,chew and swallow.  Her taking the bigger bites is her figuring it out....hence why she spits some out.  DS did this the other day with sweet potato.  It's hard to watch them put something into their mouth you...
  The avocado was his first experience ever with solids.  We started with a mesh feeder but then just decided to go for it.  After waiting 4 days, we gave him sweet potato.  The texture was so different for him that he made all kinds of funny faces.  He gets a little neater with every "meal" & the foods are definitely making their way into his mouth.  He doesn't have solid poo but the chunks of food are there.       
We are mobile here too.  At first, he would just roll and roll to get where he wanted and now he has progressed to "inch worming" his way around.  He started commando crawling too so between the two, he gets where he wants to be.  He can sit unsupported but will still sometimes throw himself backwards.  He's standing pretty well but not pulling up on anything yet.  He was hard enough to keep track of stationary.  I'm really going to have to up my game now.  
Well we went yesterday to our 6mo WBV.  Rafe is doing well and growing steady   Birth 7lb 5oz, 19 1/2"   6mo 15lb 7oz, 26".  He didn't take a head measurement. We are delaying vaxing indefinitely and he tried to scare me with some information about a baby dieing from meningitis in our city because it was unvaccinated.  I'm sorry but kids/babies get meningitis even when they are vaccinated.    He didn't even question why we hadn't started rice cereal yet...