or Connect

Posts by tank

thank you for your response. It is nice to know someone else is in this position too.  It is really hard to understand the position we are in unless you have fully been through it.  I just tried them together again because my son was really calm and seemingly gentle.  Well big mistake.  While holding a newborn in my arms I needed to physically remove my son from the dog which believe me isn't a simple task because he is 35lbs and very strong.  But it literally was the only...
So you are telling me to let my 2yo ignore warning signs from my dog until he pushes her to bite him... um no.  The way I raise dogs is to pay attention to warning signs and listen to them even if a dog has a solid temperament and doesn't resort to action.  Even with adults, if they don't listen to my dogs warning signs they aren't allowed in my house at all.  I am with my dog 24/7 and I don't let anyone put my dog in a situation where she would feel she needs to protect...
This is a great idea, thank you.  I think it will really help to have him do some things for the dog (or at least think he is.)  The only way we have to separate them is to remove the dog.  That is the problem.  My 2yo doesn't respond to time outs, especially when he is overstimulated.  So when we would try and separate HIM, he would just get right up unless we literally sat there and held him down which is just not the type of discipline I want to do with my son.  The...
We are having a continued issue with my 2yo and our dog.  She is very patient with him and we are glad about that but things are simply not fair to her.  Right now they spend 98% of the time separated.  It really isn't fair to the dog because that means she spends all of her time alone because obviously a 2yo needs to be supervised.    This has been going on for a while. As a baby we taught him to pet her gently etc and everything was great until he became a wild...
I am trying not to think too hard about names until I find out the sex or I will go crazy.  Although I have had the name Amelia pop into my head a lot lately so maybe it's a girl?
tank due 11/13/13
Twins!  Congrats Lilac!   Look at that new baby face, Tear!  Beautiful!   I love Lyle in the pool!  Great pic!  He looks like a little cupie doll which is funny because I have another friend with a boy named Lyle who's older now but when he was a baby looked like a cupie doll too. 
yes!  It was a surprise.  We didn't want to start trying until E was at least 2 but I guess we have other plans now lol.
Hey guys!  I missed you all.  I don't have a computer right now because my laptop crashed last Nov so all I have had for internet is my phone and kindle, hard to use forums.   It is so nice to look at all the baby pics! 
I am still nursing my son as well.  He is 17 months.  I probably won't wean until he is ready but it has been hard since I work full time and when I get home it is all he wants to do.  I did stop pumping at work which seemed pointless because I was only getting 2oz.  I think that has helped my sanity a lot.  I feel because I work I can't nightwean because that is the only time he gets to nurse and it really helps him sleep.  I am hoping he does nightwean by the time the...