or Connect

Posts by tank

Oh Lyle!  So cute with those pumpkins!  Oh I dream of lows in the 60s!  I hate cold.  We are relly getting into fall stuff here though and I am not minding the cold yet.  This afternoon elliot played in the leaves and threw them at the dog.  I wished I had my camera but he would have thrown a fit if I dragged him inside just to get it!   Caly, sorry to hear about your strep.  I got strep too a few weeks ago.  I had to go to urgent care and luckily it happed on a...
We are loving his name more and more.  the one thing we have been a little shocked by is how many girls named elliots there are!  So weird.  Theres both one in his daycare class and one in our meetup playgroup.  We thought we might call him a shorter name like eli but we always just call him elliot.
I am so jealous Livingsky!  I want Elliot to sleep!    About shoes, we got some really cute ones and he wears them when we go out and to school and such.  But, now he rips them off the second we put them on, just in time for it to get colder!  So, I have no idea how we are going to keep socks and shoes on this kid this winter. Ok here's a semi recent pic of the dude.  Actually it is probably a month or so old but I really like this one.  The ore recent ones are...
I have been away.  Wolverine won't let me use the computer much.  He pulls the wires and slams my poor keyboard.  I just read up and am happy to hear about all of your little babes!    All of the sleep issues I am reading about all sound familiar.  wolverine doesn't sleep well.  When he is teething it is even worse, he wants to be on the boob all night.  I just got to remember that one day these sleeping problems will all be a faded horrible horrible memory!  Some...
the benefit of BLW for me is mostly that he learns to feed himself.  I don't force him to eat anything he doesn't want and it is easier for him to control how much he wants/needs to eat.  Also, I am lazy.  I don't want to struggle with trying to spoon feed him.  He won't really let me put anything in his mouth.  He is getting better because like I said before he loves coconut yogurt and I can hand him a spoon of that and he is happy.  He also lets me actually feed that...
we have the ikea high chair and I love it.  It is so easy to clean. I love that it is so light because I move it from room to room multiple times a day.   We do BLW and love it.  My son is almost 9 months.  We bought bowls and spoon but we dont use bowls because he tips them immediatly.  The spoons are just a play toy.  He feeds himself with his hands only.  Actually he lets me spoonfeed him coconut yogurt because he loves that.    At first we started with huge...
Omg Kayden!  so cute!  Wolverine has a batman shirt too!  It's the same but grey.  We are geeks too (obviously)
what an adorable couple you two are boots!!!  love love love the nursery.  cute little veggie stuffies.
It gets easier...     then it gets harder lol.  that's how it was for me anyhow.  It got easier when I got into the swing of things and wolerine was into looking at things and toys.  He would just lay on the floor with a toy and be content while I did some things around the house.  Now it's super hard because he is crawling (fast!) and pulling up on stuff, pulling stuff down, getting into everything!  He won't stand for being put in the pack n play or his jumper or...
I would distract him with a fun toy at diaper changes.  I have to do that anyway because my kid hates getting changed now and flips all around.  Fun... let me tell you.  He has found his penis but doesn't go for it that often I think because I always fill his hands with new toys once we hit the changing table.  Caly: limiting breastmilk seems weird to me.  I am not saying it's wrong but I would get someone other than an ER doctors advice.  While some of them mean well,...