or Connect

Posts by tank

The perfume thing reminds me of my grandmother.  When I stayed with my cousin a couple of years ago she told me that she had told my grandmother recently that if she wore a specific perfume (because she pours it on) that she is not allowed in her house.  Not in a mean way but in a funny way.  My grandmother lived nearby so was always just showing up smelling up the house. 
Boots I think you were asking about strollers upthread.  I have one but have yet to use it.  It is the travel system that his carseat snaps into then it can be used on its own when they are a bit bigger.  Right now I use the carseat when we go into stores and the ergo or moby when taking the dogs for a walk or for going places that I can't just plop the infant carseat into.  It's cold out now but I am guessing if we want to go to the park or something I might use the...
Is this a sign of built up detergent?  I just noticed this with my son and I was assuming it was because he was getting to an age where he was peeing more but maybe I am wrong and we have detergent build up?  
TT I'm sorry.  My heart is breaking for you.
I made this recently and it was amazing.  I haven't had the eggplant bacon by itsself but I hear it is amazing. http://www.theppk.com/2011/10/scalloped-potatoes-and-eggplant-bacon/
We cosleep and it is working very well for everyone.  DS is 2 1/2 months now.  he pretty much sleeps through the night but will wake some nights multiple times to nurse but I am always right there and nurse him and he stays asleep untul we are ready to get up in the morning.  Everything there is perfect to me.   The problem I am seeing is with his naps. He is still young and takes multiple naps a day.  Right now the only place he will nap is in his swing.  He is a...
jammies during the day- its funny because DS only wears his jammies while out because it is easier to change him in and they have built in feeties so no socks to loose.  At home he wears his outfits and to bed he wears a short sleeved shirt or onsie because he gets super sweaty in bed.   beautifulmoon- I am glad your lo took a bottle.  we are still working on it here but my DS is doing much better.  I have unexpectidly had this past week off but we have been working...
I totally understand.  When I had my baby my mom came to visit and we stopped at a local burrido place to get food to bring home.  I was so famished that when my mom handed me my wrapped up burrido I just opened it and took a bite.  It wasn't my veggie one, it was my partner's steak burrido.  I spit immediatly and spit all over my floor.  I was so upset and pissed off and wanted to smack my well meaning mother up side her nogin.  It made me feel awful and sick and pissed...
vegan vittles is really simple and easy.  That cookbook got me to try cooking for myself when I was in college.  We also love the how it all vegan bean and cheese casserole in our house!
I don't know much about carrying a bigger child as my own is only 2 months but there are carriers that you can do a back carry with.  Have you tried an ergo with him?  With an ergo you can do front, back or side carries with an older child (over 4 months I think they suggest) that way you can change where you put him depending on what you are doing and where he prefers to be.    I know some people do back/side carrys with an older child with a moby but it isn't...