or Connect

Posts by opus

that was definitely water breaking this morning! Turns out I did NOT have control over what was going on. Oops! Guess I should get used to not being in total control. So my midwives are on alert and they're waiting to hear how things are going by tomorrow morning. If labour hasn't started by then, they've got some kind of castor oil cocktail they recommend trying. I've had a couple of cramp-type feelings throughout the day, but basically nothing that made me think "hey...
So I get that sometimes when the water breaks, it's like a trickle or a leak, but I still can't figure out if my water's broken or if I've actually had to pee for the last two and a half hours. Should you be able to feel like you can "hold it in" if it's the water and not urine? It's still kind of leaking out a bit, but it feels like I can control it a bit. Are there any ways to tell what's going on? If my water was broken, would I also be having contractions? I thought...
I've been running about three times a week between 5-7 km but it's the weather that's going to make me give it up I think. Summer finally arrived in Vancouver the past couple days and I found I was really heating up even at my mega-slow pregnant running pace. Since I keep hearing/reading about how important it is to keep your body temperature under control, I was trying to run early mornings but there's a limit to how early I'm going to get up! I have to take more and...
    i agree with willsmom that there's a 50/50 chance this is right.
I had an ultrasound today and we saw a heartbeat! I thought I was at 8 weeks 2 days, but the ultrasound tech said I'm actually a week less. We were still able to see a really clear picture of the little melon, with the beating heart and possibly figure out which end was the head.... Endless, huge relief. I can't believe how much better I feel now. After two miscarriages, I finally feel like I'm actually going to have a baby! I'm so grateful that my midwives were...
I'm so sorry for both your losses. It's really hard around the holidays... or any other time, I guess.   I've had two miscarriages. One was six years ago and the other was also just this Christmas. We were in Mexico for our honeymoon. I don't really know what to say. It was awful and I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed with nerves since finding out I'm pregnant again. I really want to be positive and confident. The friends/family who know about all this keep trying to...
  * EDD: according to the internet calculators, that would be Nov 3 * Name: Amy * Age at conception / Age at delivery:  27 and 28 * Location: Vancouver, BC * How long it took to you to get your BFP: i don't know what this is! so many acronyms * What number child is this for you: this will be our first * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): I've got my husband and my dog here for me * Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): i'm kind of hoping for a girl,...
I'm in my sixth week too. I didn't have any symptoms at all until this week when my breasts got really tender for about 3 or 4 days, but that's pretty much gone away again. I've been tired and taking naps at every opportunity, but that could just be life. I hope I start to feel pregnant soon! I talked to my mom about it and she said she didn't even know she was pregnant with me until she was about 8 weeks. I've heard women tend to have similar pregnancies as their...
I had my first appointment with my midwife team already too. It's a practice of about 10 midwives, and my team is made up of three midwives. They do homebirths and have priviliges at a couple hospitals in teh city. They also host lots of events at the clinic. The midwife I met with was great and I feel much more confident with this pregnancy now. She really made me feel better about my previous miscarriage and how it's not likely to increase my risk. So I'm mainly...
SaraJane: I don't know any of these acronyms either! It's like being pregnant is written in another language