or Connect

Posts by scotia

Same here!  I am on week three, and have not made it through a single one without falling asleep.  I'm also averaging four days a week of listening to the tracks, so I know I need to start doing better there and listening every day. 
35 weeks here, and this baby is super low, and has been for a while.  Her brother was like that as well.  I don't know if there is a connection, but I also dilated early with him without actually being in labor.  I'm wondering if the pressure of her head on my cervix will have the same result this time. 
I will be 31 weeks on Saturday - gaaah!!  I am excited to meet this little one, but still am in disbelief that it is all happening so quickly. I think we have been coasting a bit on this idea that, since this is our second, we "have everything all set!".  Ha.  I should really start a list of all the things we need to do... so far we have painted the nursery, and that is it.  Considering that she won't even be sleeping in there for a few months, we should probably start...
So far, this pregnancy is following the same pattern as my first.  I didn't gain weight at all in the first trimester, and then started gaining during the middle of the second, so still ended up around 20 - 25 pounds gained total.  My OB was fairly conservative, and he would always want to do extra ultrasounds throughout, just to make sure that everything was on track.  My son was still born at 8 lbs 9 oz, and I feel like this little girl will probably be about the...
I've been wondering about this too, and trying to wade through the websites and some old threads.  The hospital I'm using offers hypnobirthing classes, but they don't fit with my husband's work schedule.  I'm considering the hypnobabies home study kit.  I think I may do better on my own rather than in a group setting anyway...  I asked my midwife if she felt there was any difference between the two, and she basically said that the underlying principles are so similar,...
We just opened the envelope from the ultrasound last night.  It's a girl! 
We didn't find out the gender with DS, so all of our newborn stuff is gender-neutral.  We haven't found out yet with this baby, but I am thinking we will give in and open the envelope from the u/s tech this weekend.  If it is a girl, I know I will be tempted to go buy some girly newborn things, but we really shouldn't need much for the first few weeks or so.   In terms of "stuff", oh gosh... we need a newborn tub option (last time we just borrowed one from a friend),...
Love_r4ks, I'm so sorry.  I hope you have lots of support around you right now.   Clarasmama, I read your post the other day and it has stuck with me.  I actually was going to come on here and also recommend Kelle Hampton's blog post about the birth of her daughter and her reaction in the first few minutes/hours/days to finding out that she had Downs Syndrome.  As the pp mentioned, it's very raw and pretty much a guaranteed cry-fest when you read it (at least if you...
I finally caved and bought this pair of maternity jeans from Gap (on sale) a few weeks ago.  Last pregnancy, I had a pair with the full panel, and they drove me crazy - I was constantly tugging at it and readjusting.  This new pair is actually pretty comfortable, although even with my five-month belly right now, I find the shorter demi panel being pushed down, so I'm not sure how they'll work in a few months.   My son was a fall baby, so I did the same as lots of you...
  Oh!  I have been going through a tomato kick as well... the in-season local tomatoes are so unbelievably good.  Unfortunately, they also give me heartburn, but I still can't resist...