or Connect

Posts by fremontmama

#11 An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff,  read for my book club, quick non-fiction, memoir about a successful business woman in the 80s who took a young homeless boy under her wing and it changed both their lives for the better.  It didn't blow me away, but was pretty moving at times.   #12  The Midwife by Jennifer Worth. the memoir Call the Midwife on PBS is based on.     #13  Reflected in You by Sylvia Day, crappy bodice ripper in the same vein at 50 Shades...
Started the new thread, over a month and a half late.  Sorry about that!   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1385170/june-2013-book-challenge
So, just by way of clarification (for comers both new and old), guidelines for the Book Challenge Thread are as follows: 1) Post the books you read ... or not 2) Post a recommendation ... or not 3) Number your book ... or not 4) Make a goal for how many books you want to read in 2013 ... or not 5) Have fun with books (This one, unfortunately, is MANDATORY)     Can't believe June is halfway over!  I have a ton of books to post, I'll have to come back soon...
I've got lots of books to post, but just got a new job and hardly have a spare minute!  I'll come back and post them soon!   What's everyone's favorite book right now?
  Welcome Momsteader!!       Oh, I LOVE those Mary Russell books.  I've read 2 or 3.   Just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  So so good.  I see what all the hype is about.  I requested two other books with the hope they will measure up. :)
Started April's thread! :) http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1381106/april-2013-book-challenge
So, just by way of clarification (for comers both new and old), guidelines for the Book Challenge Thread are as follows: 1) Post the books you read ... or not 2) Post a recommendation ... or not 3) Number your book ... or not 4) Make a goal for how many books you want to read in 2013 ... or not 5) Have fun with books (This one, unfortunately, is MANDATORY)     Can you believe it's April!!!  Wowee, spring is here!  :)  
Oh, yeah!  I heard about that!  It's supposed to be really really good :)  Can't wait!
  Ah yes, I hear you there.  I've heard he's a great narrator!   #5 Avalon High by Meg Cabot Pretty fun YA book about the reincarnation of King Arthur in a present day east coast town.  I read it upon the recommendation of Reel Girls blog.  She actually recommended the movie, but I can't find it anywhere.....   #6 The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe by CS Lewis Needs no explanation I think.  The kids LOVED it.   #7 Simplicity Parenting by Lisa Ross and Kim Payne Great...
  Bummer!  I'm glad we stuck with our agreement then!  We're reading the book before watching the movie on everything.  It's fun!  And I like that every time, we get to imagine the story ourselves before the movie imagines it for us :)   Too bad about Anansi Boys, I think I expect all of his books to be amazing! :)  I LOVED American Gods.  That was an amazing book.  I think Neverwhere was pretty good too, but I think I liked American Gods more.  Perhaps just a bit juicier...