or Connect

Posts by fremontmama

Oh, I love Diana Gabaldon!  Her books are so juicy and I like that they are extra long, so you can really get into the story and the characters.  Both of your other books are on my to-read list.     I have my first book!    #1  Lady Almina and The Real Downtown Abbey A non-fiction book about Highclere Castle, where Downtown Abbey is set.  The author is the current Duchess of Carnarvon and she recounts the history of the family at the castle starting around the end of...
Welcome new faces!  Hello to familiar ones!    I'm in the middle of two books right now, Suttree by Cormac McCarthy and Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey.  Suttree is a little slow going, which surprises me because I usually tear through Cormac McCarthy books.  The Downton Abbey one is fascinating.  Love that stuff!  
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371699/january-2013-book-challenge   January 2013 thread!  
So, just by way of clarification (for comers both new and old), guidelines for the Book Challenge Thread are as follows: 1) Post the books you read ... or not 2) Post a recommendation ... or not 3) Number your book ... or not 4) Make a goal for how many books you want to read in 2012 ... or not 5) Have fun with books (This one, unfortunately, is MANDATORY)       Happy New Year folks!  Hope your 2012 was awesome and wishing you the best in...
  Can't wait to get back into those books!  I have 2 library books I need to finish first, and then back to my books borrowed from friends.  I have the Book 1 of Song of Fire and Ice sitting on the nightstand right now.  I'm slogging through Suttree by Cormac McCarthy for my book club, and Lady Almina and The Real Downton Abbey to finish...   I did not hit my goal of 75 books for the year.  But I'm okay with that.  I had a couple books that took a long time, like Gone...
Welcome Milagras!   NCD, audiobooks while at work, so that's your trick!     What fun.  I like audiobooks, but the only time I can listen to them is when I'm with the kids, so, I get to listen to kid's audiobooks.  Which is fine, there are lots of good ones!  Although, I've been working weekends cleanings houses occassionally, and I've been listening to podcasts then.  That's fun.  Alec Baldwin, This American Life, Moth Radio, Wiretap, etc.   Good stuff!  
Totally!  Glad you are doing better!  And if that list is you not reading as much, wow!  
Did you have a goal this year NCD?  I bet you blew my number out of the water!  It's taking me forever to finish Gone With The Wind, story is good, but a lot of the racial stuff is offensive and bothers me.  It makes it hard to sympathize with the characters.  I need to find out what happens though, even though I'm pretty sure I already know. :)  I'm about 3/4 of the way there.  (650+ pages done so far)   More than halfway through The Hobbit, still loving it, and the...
December thread!   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1369897/december-2012-book-challenge
End of the year!  I better get reading, I have about 25 more books to go before I hit my goal!     So, just by way of clarification (for comers both new and old), guidelines for the Book Challenge Thread are as follows: 1) Post the books you read ... or not 2) Post a recommendation ... or not 3) Number your book ... or not 4) Make a goal for how many books you want to read in 2012 ... or not 5) Have fun with books (This one, unfortunately, is MANDATORY)