or Connect

Posts by fremontmama

Well, I'm not anywhere near my goal!  I don't think I'll make it this year, b/c my goal was 75 books, and I'm only at 49!  Oh well.  I'm still only reading books I'm truly enjoying, except for a few non-fiction here and there, and I hate-read the rest of the Fifty Shades books.  Those were annoying.   #45  The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory Super good.  Loved that this is a companion book with The White Queen and they tell essentially the same story from the two...
THat's a helluva list NCD!  Go super reader go!  :) Igraine, I love any Kate DiCamillio book, they are all so good!   I've got a big ol' pile of books to post.  I'll  have to come back when I have my list.  I wonder how close I am to my goal of 75?........
Igraine, those sound fun.  Octavia Butler is on my to read list     I think I have another batch of books to post, I'll come back soon!  I'm reading Gone With The Wind and Game of Thrones right now.  Both are super good.  
November thread!   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1367856/november-2012-book-challenge  
November is here!  Or was already here, I'm just slow on the draw.   So, just by way of clarification (for comers both new and old), guidelines for the Book Challenge Thread are as follows: 1) Post the books you read ... or not 2) Post a recommendation ... or not 3) Number your book ... or not 4) Make a goal for how many books you want to read in 2012 ... or not 5) Have fun with books (This one, unfortunately, is MANDATORY)
Finally updating my list!!!    #38 Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffeneger Pretty good, creepy.   #39 The Shining by Stephen King  That was really good!  LOVED it!   #40 White Like Me by Tim Wise Anyone who is anti-racism should read this.  Actually, anyone should read it.  Tim Wise is wise.   #41 How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran Funny feminist manifesto for the modern age.  Another read for everyone.   #42 The Lady of the Rivers by...
October thread is here;   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1364901/october-2012-book-challenge     Happy October!  
So, just by way of clarification (for comers both new and old), guidelines for the Book Challenge Thread are as follows: 1) Post the books you read ... or not 2) Post a recommendation ... or not 3) Number your book ... or not 4) Make a goal for how many books you want to read in 2012 ... or not 5) Have fun with books (This one, unfortunately, is MANDATORY)      So, I think I'll just stop saying how surprised I am that it's the beginning of the month...
  Sad!   I think libraries are so important to all communities!  Good luck!
  Fun!  A couple of those are already on my list     *That* looks good!  Adding!   I love our library too.  I'm so pleased they are open again after the furlough.  Phew!     I've got another round of books to post.  I'll have to come back later to do it.  Slammed today.  I think I'm only at about 40ish books for the year.  My challenge to myself was to read 75 books, so we'll see!