or Connect

Posts by fremontmama

#25 Heads You Lose by Lisa Lutz I really liked The Spellman Files, so I thought I would really like this.  But it's a joint affair with another guy, they each wrote a chapter and then there are asides between the two of them explaining what they've done to advance the plot before handing it back to the other person.  It was amusing and fun...but I just didn't like it as well as the other book I read by her.   #26 Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny...
Hey Folks!  Happy July!!!  Here in Seattle, it's finally started warming up.  I know most y'all are really warm already.  We'll send some of our rain and cool temps your way.   Started the July thread.   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357324/july-2012-book-challenge
So, just by way of clarification (for comers both new and old), guidelines for the Book Challenge Thread are as follows: 1) Post the books you read ... or not 2) Post a recommendation ... or not 3) Number your book ... or not 4) Make a goal for how many books you want to read in 2012 ... or not 5) Have fun with books (This one, unfortunately, is MANDATORY)    Happy reading everyone!     I need to come back and post books. I've got a big...
  Oh, I LOVED Ahab's Wife!  I was just thinking about Life of Pi, and my friend said her book club's interpretation was that Richard Parker was a vicious human and the narrator identifying him as a tiger was a metaphor.      Hoot is on my daughter's list of books she wants to read, when she finishes all the Little House books, all the American Girl books, and all the Harry Potter books.     Can't WAIT to read those books!     Definitely like crack.  I couldn't put those...
Welcome Butterflymom!   So, who has read The Life of Pi?  My friend just told me her book club's interpretation of it, and I'm feeling kinda weird about it.  Anyone?
  That does sound horrifying!!     Zombies and Star Wars together?  Who knew?
  Good luck with the job search!  :)     Sounds kind of fun :)  What are you reading that's horrific instead? And thanks for offering on the kindle book.  I think I have to hold off for now, just because I have 4 books from the library to finish.  Soon though!
Welcome back Zebra!   How are you settling in at your new place?  You found the library, that's a good start!
Welcome Ragana!      Okay, finally posting a little update on my finished books;   #18 Belong to Me by Maris de los Santos Picked it up b/c I liked the cover.  Thought at first I wouldn't like it, being a story about suburban mean mommies at first.  But it ended up being a really fascinating story with good character analysis.  I liked it.   #19 Life of Pi by Yann Martel I started this one a few years back when everyone was reading it, and for some...
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1354990/june-2012-book-challenge   Started the June thread!  Can you believe it's June?