or Connect

Posts by jenninjapan

41+6 now. still waiting.....
41+3 here and desperate for baby to come out.....so many factors are working against me I just cannot believe I am waking up every morning still pregnant.  I have fought tooth and nail throughout this whole pregnancy for a VBAC and unless this baby is out by Monday it looks like it wont be happening.   So far tried walks, stairs, castor oil, sex, nipple stimulation, EPO....seriously thinking of 'unweaning' my 2 year old to see if a good nursing session wont bring on...
Has anyone had a successful VBAC after 42 weeks?    I am 41w3d and still waiting for this little one to make her appearance.  She is in no hurry.  So now I have my midwife, dr, family all telling me that if she does not come by Monday (42 weeks exactly) I should check myself into the hospital and have a scheduled section on Tuesday.    Had a scan and NST on Tuesday of this week (41w1d) and everything was great.  Baby and I are doing well.    I have fought so...
we found a great doc and had a scan to check on placenta, amniotic fluid etc and everything was great.  We had a listen to the baby and heart rate was just fine and spent most of the time listening to her hiccup.  Of course the dr advised a section right away, but also said I was welcome to come back at 42 weeks to have another check on everything.  Midwifes ticket has been changed so we have another week.....so with that all happening today had some great contractions...
did castor oil after the bloody show on Friday and all I got was a sore bum!  But since things are a bit more favourable today (baby at -1 now) might try again tonight.  Thanks for the suggestion!  It is appreciated.
  I live in a place with a VBAC ban. So I hired a traveling midwife.  She arrived at 38w5d and I am now 41w0d.  Her plane to go home is on the 30th.  I thought I would have had my baby by now, but not yet.   I have been losing my mucus plug since Thursday, had a bloody show Friday and have had light contractions on and off for the past few days (about 2 hours every day).   So far I am about 2cm and the baby is at a 0 station.  FHR is great and I am feeling just fine. ...
DS turned breech at 31 week-ish and stayed that way.  Moxibustion and ECV did not work for us.  And if I could do everything over again, I def would go about it differently.  I went with the scheduled c-section at 38 weeks and regretted it every day since.   Do you have money in your bank account? If you do, then you have the money for a chiropractor.  If the choice is splurging on a cute baby outfit, going for a night out, making the minimum payment on your credit...
I moved at around 30 weeks this past April.  It was a bit frustrating not being able to do everything that I wanted straight away, but was fine. As for a midwife I have a traveling midwife and so have only had contact with her via email up until this week.  Once you get pregnant find a midwife in your new area asap  - you can send her updates from your prenatals so that way she will already be familiar with you and your situation.  I am sure someone could recommend a...
I just finished Nancy Aldort's book (you can read about her in Ask the Experts section) and found it wonderful and illuminating.  Def AP  - her idea is when you have an autonomous and empowered child one benefit is that the need to act out and be violent lessens and your child learns how to manage their emotions rather than be managed by them.  I would really recommend it!  The others I have not read, but hope you can find someone else who can give you other resources.
My friend told me about the wonders of the paper cup.  She had a son though and not too sure how well it would work with a girl, but good if you are in a pinch.  You could also just have her pee ON a diaper, rather than IN one.