or Connect

Posts by jenninjapan

This is def something I would keep to myself.  No matter how much you like or trust an OB they are still bound by protocols and insurance - meaning generally their first and foremost thought is their business.   You don't have to tell her anything about your birth plans - especially at the first appointment.   I went the honesty route (as in I am NOT having a repeat csec) and had to go through 4 different dr.s  I outright lied to the last dr, but finally got a blood test...
I originally bought Evening primrose oil with the idea of starting it at 36 weeks, but almost 37 now and dont know whether to do it or not. (as in one capsule vaginally every night before bed).  Anybody have any experience using it? Would you recommend it or not?
In the 2nd to 3rd month it was like this for us as well.  Generally I think most DHs just need to grow up.  'S/he hates me!' is such an unbelievable reaction for an adult to have to a BABY.  They are not born with some evil gene to reject their fathers and I dont believe they have the capacity at 8 weeks to deliberately hurt feelings.  You gave all the reasons yourself why DS prefers you.  My DH felt rejected by our son when he couldnt do anything for him in the crying...
This article was a great read.   http://midwifethinking.com/2011/02/23/vbac-making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill/   Your risk for cord prolapse is greater than uterine rupture.   VBAC vs first vaginal birth Rozen, Ugoni and Sheehan (2011) compared women having a VBAC with women having their first baby. They found: “Uterine rupture rates were low in all groups, with no correlation identified… The maternal and neonatal morbidity associated with VBAC is...
I ended up with PP pre-e and so have been doing urine testing every two weeks in my last tri this time round.  It takes less than 2 minutes to get your results and really, you are going to pee anyway, right? I would say it is definitely worth the time.
The two hours will go by SO quickly!  I've done transatlantic flights with DS at 7, 11 and 19 months. The younger he was the easier.    DS was all about the boob so I managed to feed him for most take offs and landings, but for some of them he was asleep and didnt wake or fuss at all.  And had a pretty good time for the rest of the flight.  It was never a problem for us - the only time I really ever heard other screaming babies or had my little one upset was when we...
I am almost in my third tri and have held off having any discussions about the new baby directly with DS until he was firmly weaned and used to not being carried around everywhere.  I am sure he knows something is up and now I think we are both ready to start really getting mentally prepared for it.    Any books that you recommend for a 25 month old about the new baby coming?
urg. Is this in ANY way true?  I do NOT believe it for a second, but in Japan this is common 'knowledge'.  Which explains why no one kisses their children here.  But has anyone from any other country ever heard of this? Is my DH insane or am I?   DH also believes that by biting DS's food into bits rather than cutting them (or even sharing food) will also cause our sons teeth to rot out of his head.   I am soooooo sick of hearing DH nattering on about this. And...
I live in Japan and so here babies as young as 1 month are given tea....people rarely drink water here.  My son drinks barley tea (mugi cha), green tea, and different kinds of Japanese herbal teas.  Some of them are an acquired taste, but DS has been drinking them since he was one. If there is a Japanese/Korean grocer in your area, try looking there for some alternatives.
I wish I had my own story to tell you, but not yet!    I know the last few weeks are tough physically and such an emotional roller coaster BUT life is SOOOOOO much easier with a little one inside you!  So I would say the most important thing for you to do is get a back massage, get a foot massage, get some nice acupuncture (which will relax your whole body) and just TREAT yourself.  Watch crappy movies, leave your other LOs with DH and take as much time as you can for...