or Connect

Posts by MDCGuest01

Well so far I am in good graces of the court. Visitation has gone smoothly and exactly like it is supposed to, he even turned in a calendar showing that. I have never denied him even a phone call. I filed a ex-parte RO, which was granted and that's when calls/visits stopped. I am in close contact with her therapist, as she checks in every day to see how my daughter is doing. I do share my fears. As far as talking with my daughter about the case, I don't do. She...
I meet with the attorney I am going to hire today. I shared some websites with him and I am sure he knows about this stuff too. I almost feel like the GAL is turning against me now. I am so numb. I am so scared.   I have my mom and dad, but my mom is so critical  and acts as though my daughter is lying. I have a few friends. My daughter's therapist is AWESOME.
So I called around today and found an attorney who will work with me. It's going to cost and I'll have to go without for awhile, but I guess I have to do what I have to do :( the other side filed papers today of course calling my mental status into question, first time ever. They say it's "parent alienation syndrome". OMG. They also say I let her watch adult tv shows, which explains the nightmares. Of course I know they are going to try and turn it around, it just...
I asked for a guest account just in case....I don't even know where to begin and I am hoping others may be able to help, maybe someone has gone through this?   My ex has our daughter one day a week right now(until recently). This has been the case since September. He isn't dating someone who is safe to be around our daughter, so the judge limited his time. My daughter has been in therapy and seeing a psychiatrist for several months now due to the problems with her...
Thank you all for your input.   I don't have any real updates yet. All of this is going to take months or years to figure out.
I have attended every court hearing or CFT or sibling visit that I've known about. The trouble is, I only learn about some of them. Legally, I'm supposed to receive notification of any court dates in the mail, but the reality is that I've only ever received one and it arrived after the court date had passed. And CFTs are supposed to be for all the adults involved in the case, including foster parents, but the reality is the meetings happen and we never even know about...
Smithie - Thank you. I agree that sibling relationships without an established bond aren't all that special. I have lots of brothers and sisters myself but I only grew up with one. I think it's important to know who these people are and get to visit them every now and then, but to live with them all under the same roof? Um, no thank you. My siblings aren't horrible people or anything, don't get me wrong. But there's so much I would have missed out on if I had grown up in...
I'm posting anonymously because this is all very private information. Please respect that and keep it private even if you can guess who I am.   I've had my FS for his whole life. He was drug-exposed and after birth and his mother left the hospital without him. She has some mental illness, drug addiction, and criminal history. Her other children are also in the system and they have been TPRed. Both his bio mom and dad are AWOL. Grandma would take him but she can't...